Our best Term Deposit rates
Already with Westpac?
You may be eligible for a bonus rate on top of our standard rates.
Save yourself a trip to the branch and find discretionary rates in Online Banking.
3 of today's special deposit rates
|10 < 10 months||24 < 36 months||36 months|
Deposits between $5,000 and $250,000. Interest rates are % per annum. Interest paid at maturity or annually. View all terms and interest rates
- All term deposits have no set-up, monthly service or management fees
- You get flexible options to reinvest all or part of your term deposit when it matures
- Compare term deposit rates (includes rates where interest is paid monthly)
- Find out more about a Westpac Term Deposit
More than $250,000 to invest?
We can negotiate rates for term deposits over $250,000. Please call 1300 362 742.
More on guaranteed returns
Westpac Term Deposits are protected accounts under the Australian Government Deposit Guarantee scheme. Protection under the scheme is limited. For more information see apra.gov.au. Your return may be reduced if you withdraw funds before maturity.
Want to renew online?
You may be eligible for a special rate when you renew your Term Deposit online.
Things you should know
Any discretionary rates offered above may only be available through Westpac Live Online Banking.
* Important Information: Rate is available on deposits from $5,000 to $5,000,000. Personal customers only – not available for business, corporate, institutional or government customers. Special rate will only apply to new Term Deposits and excludes funds rolled over from existing Westpac Term Deposits. Rate applies for a single term. Higher or lower rates may apply for subsequent terms. Rate is not available in conjunction with any bonus interest or other special rates offered on Westpac Term Deposits. You must provide a minimum of 31 days’ notice to access funds prior to maturity (except in cases of hardship). If the deposit or any part of it is withdrawn early, an interest rate adjustment will normally apply. This information does not take into account your personal needs, circumstances or ﬁnancial objectives. Before making a decision, read the terms and conditions at westpac.com.au and consider if the product is right for you. © 2018 Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.