Powering the switch
Financing Australian renewables for a clean energy future
Our industry experts work with top project developers and corporate off-takers, and collaborate with other financial institutions, to facilitate Australia’s shift to a net-zero future.
- Financing green energy development, and the rapid evolution of renewable energy infrastructure
- Supporting the delivery of clean energy power to businesses and households across the nation.
Creating connections and generating possibilities
We bring deep experience and compelling insights to the energy sector. Lending to renewable solutions accounts for over 80% of our total electricity generation funding in Australia1. We understand the need to find adaptive solutions for a world in energy transition.
- Providing deep technical and commercial knowledge to tailor deals that respond to the pace of change
- Generating meaningful research and analysis to support effective decision-making
- We move quickly on challenging deadlines and timetables to meet dynamic demand.
Innovating for a low emissions economy
We’ve been pioneering market innovation in Australian renewable energy finance for two decades. Some of our landmark transactions include:
- Challicum Hills Wind Farm – 1st project-financed wind farm
- Woodlawn Wind Farm – 1st wind farm project-financed with no offtake contract
- Emerald Solar Farm – 1st renewable energy project-financed as a corporate power purchase agreement
- Kidston/Jemalong Solar Farm – 1st Green Loan globally to be certified under the Climate Bonds Standard Version 3.0
- New England Solar Farm – 1st solar farm project-financed with no offtake contract.
Renewable energy insights on Westpac IQ
Things you should know
1. As at 30 September 2023. In addition to lending to renewable energy projects, Westpac also finances a mix of sustainable and non-sustainable lending generally.
Westpac Institutional Bank is a division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL 233714. This information is correct as at 1 December 2023. This product is available only to wholesale clients within the meaning of s761G of the Corporations Act 2001. You should consider whether or not these products and services are appropriate for you. Terms and conditions apply. Westpac Institutional Bank’s financing exposures are not limited to green and sustainable financing. For more details of Westpac Institutional Bank’s financing exposures, please see our . Copyright 2023 Westpac Banking Corporation.