#1 financier to Australian infrastructure development
Leading the way in Australian infrastructure
We're the leading financier to Australian PPP infrastructure projects under construction. We're also backing nation-building infrastructure and in the last five years* we've helped deliver:
- $55bn worth of capital investment to create
- 424km of improved roads, as well as
- 84km of metro rail infrastructure
- 725 passenger train carriages and
- 2,246 new hospital beds.
Our industry-leading experts partner with Australia’s most dynamic organisations to finance private infrastructure, from ports to airports, major toll roads and telecommunications networks.
#1 financier to Australian PPP infrastructure projects under construction
We've supported capital investment for Australia’s largest Public Private Partnership projects including:
- Sydney Metro PPP (North West and City & Southwest) - part of Australia's biggest public transport project
- New Footscray Hospital PPP - Victoria's largest ever health infrastructure investment
- North East Link Primary Package PPP - the largest transport project in Victorian history and the largest PPP in Australian history.
Your partner in building a sustainable future
As Australia’s oldest bank we bring a unique understanding of the infrastructure sector and its challenges, to its partnerships with:
- Deep technical and commercial knowledge to tailor deals and deliver better outcomes
- Bespoke industry insights and research to empower decision-making
- Proven experience in delivering to challenging deadlines and timetables to meet the demands of the industry.
Infrastructure insights in Westpac IQ
Things you should know
*From 31 March 2022
Source: Westpac research. Westpac Institutional Bank is a division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL 233714. This information is correct as at 16 June 2022. This product is available only to wholesale clients within the meaning of s761G of the Corporations Act 2001. You should consider whether or not this product is appropriate for you. Terms and conditions apply. Copyright 2022 Westpac Banking Corporation.
Image source: Sydney Metro