#1 financier to Australian infrastructure development
Leading the way in Australian infrastructure development
We're the leading financier to Australian PPP infrastructure projects under construction1. We're also backing nation-building infrastructure, in the last ten years* we've helped our clients deliver:
- Over $70bn2 of capital investment in infrastructure development including:
- 424km of improved roads, as well as
- 107km of metro rail infrastructure
- 1,420 passenger train carriages and
- 3,190 new hospital beds.
Our industry-leading experts partner with Australia’s most dynamic organisations to finance private infrastructure, from ports to airports, major toll roads and telecommunications networks.
#1 financier to Australian PPP infrastructure projects under construction
We've supported capital investment for Australia’s largest Public Private Partnership projects including:
- Sydney Metro PPP (North West and City & Southwest) - part of Australia's biggest public transport project
- New Footscray Hospital PPP - Victoria's largest ever health infrastructure investment
- North East Link Primary Package PPP - the largest transport project in Victorian history and the largest PPP in Australian history.
Building tomorrow’s sustainable world today
As Australia’s oldest bank we bring a unique understanding of the infrastructure sector and its challenges, with:
- Deep technical and commercial knowledge to tailor deals and deliver better outcomes
- Bespoke industry insights and research to empower decision-making
- Proven experience in delivering to challenging deadlines and timetables to meet the demands of the industry.
Infrastructure insights in Westpac IQ
Things you should know
*To 31 March 2023.
- IJ Global League Tables as at 30 May 2023, Westpac research, approximate based on public information,
- The $70 billion is based on publicly sourced information and represents the project value of these projects to which Westpac together with other lenders and capital providers contributed to their funding.
Westpac Institutional Bank is a division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL 233714. This information is correct as at 5 June 2023. This product is available only to wholesale clients within the meaning of s761G of the Corporations Act 2001. You should consider whether or not this product is appropriate for you. Terms and conditions apply. Copyright 2023 Westpac Banking Corporation.
Image source: Sydney Metro