Making a same Day (RTGS) payment
1. From the Overview screen, select Make a payment
2. Select an existing payee you wish to pay, or create a new payee by clicking Pay new payee
3. Once the payee is selected, a checkbox will appear with the option to ‘Process this as a Same day (RTGS) payment’. A $20 fee applies for an RTGS payment.
4. Select the account you wish to pay from using the Select an account dropdown menu and enter the amount to be paid, then click Continue.
Things you should know
- Payment must be created and fully approved before the 3pm (AEST) cut off time
- If payment attempted after this time then a message will appear advising you the deadline has passed
- If you are in your Westpac Live Personal Profile – you will need to contact Westpac Live Help Desk – 1300 655 505 to have this feature activated for it to be available
- If you are in a Business Profile - the Administrator can activate this feature in User Administration > Select User > Accounts
- Fees apply for Same Day (RTGS) Payments
- You must have an active Security device
- There is a maximum daily limit for Same day – RTGS payments that a User can approve. This limit appears in the Same day – RTGS payments section in the Help centre.