Trades and services insurance
Support measures for policyholders
A number of measures are available to support our existing customers, in particular eligible small business policyholders who are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19. You can click through to find out more details on each of these measures and our eligibility criteria.
Personal Accident and Sickness cover
Personal Accident and Sickness cover is no longer available for purchase to new and existing customers.
For existing customers who have Personal Accident and Sickness cover, the terms of your current coverage will continue to provide you with the Personal Accident and Sickness insurance for the remainder of your current policy term. The Personal Accident and Sickness insurance cover will be removed at the time of the renewal of your insurance policy.
There may be other insurance options available to suit your requirements; please refer to the Insurance Council of Australia for a list of alternative providers.
As a tradesperson you’re often on the road, moving from one job site to another. We can assist you in arranging insurance to help protect your business and tools while you're out and about.
Insuring your business for Public and Products Liability, General Property, Personal Accident and Sickness and Commercial Motor can give you peace of mind and let you get on with the job.
- Public and Products Liability coverage Australia-wide
- Accidental damage and theft of your tools anywhere in Australia.
It also offers:
- A quick and easy claims process
- Pay by the month^
Alternate cover is available via our Small Business Advantage Pack for a range of other cover options.
Types of cover
You can apply to buy any of the following – you choose what you need.
The following is a summary of cover options (see relevant section of the Product Disclosure Statement for details, relevant limits, and specific conditions and exclusions that apply).
- Public and Products Liability - covering the amounts that you’re legally liable to pay as compensation for personal injury, advertising liability and/or property damage in Australia in connection with the insured business.
- General Property - covers the cost of repairing or replacing property insured that is accidentally damaged. Note: any individual item worth more than $2,500 or mobile phones, photographic equipment or computer equipment must be specified.
- Commercial Motor - covers your business vehicles with multiple cover options including comprehensive, fire and theft and third party property damage only.
Westpac Trades and Services insurance pack is suitable for most trade occupations including:
- Builders (Residential & light Commercial)
- Cleaner (Domestic & Commercial)
- Landscape Gardener
- Lawn Mowing
- Mobile Mechanic
- Painter / Decorator / Plasterer
- Plumber / Gasfitter (excluding VIC)
- Tiler / Carpet layers
Call 1800 502 077, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to speak to a claims officer.
To lodge your claim you'll need
- Policy information, including your policy number
- Information about the incident
- Where the damage occurred, people, vehicles and/or property involved.
To ensure privacy is maintained, other identification questions may be asked to confirm you are the policy holder.
Things you should know
Business Insurance is issued by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 (Allianz). Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 (the Bank) refers clients to Allianz for their business insurance needs, but does not guarantee the insurance. If you take out Business Insurance with Allianz, the Bank will receive a commission of 14% of the first year’s premium and 10% of the premium for any renewals (exclusive of GST) and may also receive a step-up commission based on annual sales of certain general insurance products by Allianz. Policy terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. This information does not take into account your personal circumstances. Read the Product Disclosure Statement, to see if this insurance is right for you. Call 1800 502 077.
^ Premiums payable by instalments may be subject to minor adjustments (upwards or downwards) due to rounding and financial institution transaction fees may apply.