Professional and business services
Our Professional and Business Services Bankers focus on simplifying the financial processes for 3 main sub-industries. Through the implementation of online client payments, access to an Industry Lending Policy, Wealth Management and partner planning, our team of Professional and Business Services Specialist Bankers form a long term partnership with you and your business.
"It's refreshing to work with a bank that has specialised teams delivering tailored solutions, "[Westpac] understand what we are doing and why we are doing it." - Robert Ishak, William Roberts Lawyers
Products and services
This partnership allows you to focus on what matters most; improving the effectiveness, growth and profitability of your professional business, and we will devise and advise on the relevant products, services and opportunities to pursue:
- Financing growth - We've designed a Professional and Business Services Lending Policy accessible to accountants, lawyers and other businesses in the industry to simplify the lending process.
- Partner transition assistance - take advantage of funding for partner equity, including capital contribution loans to assist the entry of new partners and the transition of existing partners.
- Automate payment collections and payments - Our highly secure suite of PayWay and QuickStream products automate processing functions, such as receivables collections and account reconciliation giving control and visibility over cash flow.
- Managing risk by ensuring your firm and its assets are adequately protected with various business, key person and business interruption insurances. Insurance Premium Funding is also available to enable you to spread costs over the year.
- Wealth and investment management - with the expertise of our award winning BT Investment Management, we can help your firm with customised investment models, gearing strategies and wrap account options.
- Statutory requirements - Our Statutory Trust Accounts helps you comply with statutory requirements when holding clients’ funds in trust.
Advice for your professional industry
Irrespective of the professional industry you're in, our team will work to understand the intricacies of your business. Some of the industries we work closely, but not exclusively with, include:
- Legal - we understand the competitive landscape for this industry is changing. Our Specialist Bankers can help simplify and automate your banking, giving you more time to focus on your clients.
- Accounting - much of your time is spent advising clients. But when it comes to managing your own firm, a specialist banker is quick to understand the financial needs of your business and its partners.
- Financial planning - recent FOFA reforms as well as continuous professional development obligations, can impact the financial state of your business. Keep it in good health by taking some advice yourself.