How to temporarily lock your business credit or debit card
Avoid the hassle of immediately cancelling a mislaid card – by putting a temporary block on it in Online Banking or the Westpac App.
What happens when I lock my card?
- Your card will be locked for up to 15 days while you look for it
- You can unlock it at any time
- Scheduled payments will be stopped
- Any direct debits on a linked bank account will continue
- The card will unlock automatically after 15 days
How do I lock my Westpac business credit or debit card?
If you already have a personal account and are registered for Online Banking or the Westpac App, you can lock your card by following these simple steps:
What if I’m not registered for personal online banking?
Call us 24/7 and ask to lock a card temporarily or visit your nearest Westpac branch:
- Altitude Business: 132 142 available 24/7
- Business Choice: 1300 650 107 available 24/7
- If you’re outside Australia: +61 2 9155 7700 available 24/7
Or if you have an account in your personal name and are happy to access it online, simply register for online banking then put a temporary block on your card following the steps above.
What about additional cardholders?
When you lock an Altitude Business credit card, this will also lock the cards of any additional cardholders. Other BusinessChoice cardholders will still be able to use their cards.
BusinessChoice cardholders will still be able to use their cards.
If debit cards are linked to the account, they may need to be locked or cancelled separately, including cards added to mobile wallets and wearables as these will have a different card number.
What if my card is used before I manage to lock it?
Should any unauthorised transactions occur on your cards, the Westpac Fraud Money Back Guarantee ensures you'll be reimbursed in full provided you've:
- Not contributed to the loss (and complied with the card's conditions of use)
- Contacted Westpac promptly.
What if I find my lost business credit or debit card?
You can unlock the card by following these steps. In online banking select ‘unlock’, or tap on the lock icon in our mobile app against the card you have locked to unlock it.
Additionally you can visit your nearest Westpac Branch or phone Westpac on 1300 650 107 for Business Choice and Business Debit cards or 132 142 for Altitude Business cards.