Switching to Westpac is easy
Make the switch
By switching to Westpac you get to experience our dedication to the Australian business community through award winning customer service and innovative business solutions.
1. Open an account
We offer a range of flexible account options with our business savings or transaction accounts, no matter the size and type of business you operate. Easily apply online, in person at a branch or by calling a business banking specialist, on 132 142.
2. Inform your customers
To ensure your business continues to get paid, notify regular customers and service providers of your new account details.
3. The convenience of online, anytime
Registering with Business Online – which automatically includes Telephone Banking - means you’ll be able to do your business banking in your own time, across a range of devices, including smart phones and tablets.
4. Transfer direct debits and payment information
We can help ensure all direct debits and payments are seamlessly transitioned to your new Westpac Business account:
- Direct debits and credits - Review at least 12 months of your transaction history to identify all direct debits and credits. Redirect these to your new account
- Payments - Copy across payee and BPAY® information from your online payments address book to Westpac Business Online to ensure you can continue to make payments with ease
- Staff payments and additional features - Set up any staff wages and salaries.
5. Close your old account
Once your direct debits and credits are in place with us, and all cheques have been presented to your old bank, close your old account.
Things you should know
To be eligible to apply for Business One - Low Plan, Business One - High Plan or Business One - Flexi, your business must be registered in Australia.
Westpac Community Solutions Cheque Account is available for not-for-profit organisations including companies operating on a non profit or charitable basis. Westpac reserves the right, with at least 30 days written notice, to change the account to a Westpac Business One - Low Plan if it considers that the account is being used for profit-making purposes.