Transforming the way we pay
A new way to pay is coming your way
Introducing the New Payments Platform
Westpac is one of 13 financial institutions to build the New Payments Platform (NPP) that will allow you to make faster and simpler payments between participating banks in Australia.
You’ll be able to receive and send payments to family, friends and businesses in near real-time.
- Fast: Payments are made in near real-time to other banks, typically in less than 1 minute
- 24/7: Fast payments are available between different Australian banks 24/7, 365 days a year, including weekends and public holidays – so you can make and receive payments outside of normal banking hours
- Simple: You’ll be able to link a simple address known as a PayID, such as your mobile number, to your eligible bank account to make and receive payments
- Data-rich: You can include more information with payments - you’ll be able to include 280 characters of text with your payment
- Secure: NPP payments are subject to Westpac’s own real-time fraud screening and detection capabilities.
Osko is a service built to work on the New Payments Platform which allows you to send and receive the near real-time payments 24/7, typically in less than 1 minute, using Westpac Online Banking and the Westpac Mobile Banking app.
Learn more about Osko
Under the New Payments Platform, you’ll be able to get paid or send money to someone without having to remember BSB or account details - even if they bank with someone else.
Learn more about PayID
The New Payments Platform (NPP) at Westpac
Westpac personal customers
Faster, simpler payments through Osko and PayID will be available in early 2018.
We’ll let you know when they become available.
Westpac business customers
Westpac will roll out Osko and PayID to business customers in 2018. To find out more about how Westpac Business Bank can help your business incorporate the New Payments Platform into your digital solution, please contact your Relationship Manager.
Institutional and government customers
To find out more about how Westpac Institutional Bank can help your company incorporate the New Payments Platform into your digital solution, please contact your Relationship Manager or email a corporate expert.