Westpac Foundation Community Grants
Congratulations to the 65 recipients of a 2014 Westpac Foundation Community Grants. Find out more about the recipients.
Westpac, in partnership with Westpac Foundation, is committed to supporting local community organisations providing opportunities to those who need it most. Westpac Foundation Community Grants encourage local not-for-profit organisations that have a big idea to change lives for the better to apply for funding.
The general public, Westpac customers and staff have the opportunity to get behind their favourite community organisation by encouraging them to apply for a grant. Any community organisation that meets the eligibility criteria can apply for a community grant of up to $10,000.
Applications for 2014 are now closed. Keep an eye on our website for information about this year's recipients.
To be eligible for funding, your organisation must:
- Be endorsed as, or auspiced by, a Deductible Gift Recipient (but not another ancillary fund) listed with the Australian Taxation Office under Item 1 of the Table in Section 30-15 of the Income Tax Assessment Act, 1936
- Have an annual gross revenue of less than $3 million
- Work in your local community to address social disadvantage with particular focus on Indigenous unemployment, youth depression, education and career pathways for new migrants, or the long term unemployed
- Not have received funding from Westpac Foundation in 2013.
Please note your organisation must meet all of the eligibility criteria in order to apply.
What we do fund
- Projects that build on a community organisation’s core work
- Running costs, including salaries, to ensure that community organisations can maintain and develop their core work and services.
What we do not fund
- Organisations that do not have a Deductible Gift Recipient Item 1 status with the ATO, or are not auspiced
- Charities that mainly work overseas
- Hospitals, hospices or medical centres
- Medical research, funding for medical equipment or medical treatments
- Rescue services
- Schools, colleges and universities
- Sponsorship or funding towards a marketing appeal or fundraising activities
- Capital projects, appeals and refurbishments
- Projects that support animals or to promote animal welfare
- Programs promoting religion.
How to apply
Applications for 2014 are now closed. Find out about our other Grant Programs.
Things you should know
- The above photo is of a child at e.motion21, a 2013 Westpac Foundation Community Grant recipient, which provides dance and fitness programs to improve the physical and social wellbeing of children with Down syndrome.
To view PDF files you need Adobe Acrobat Reader. Use Adobe's online PDF conversion tools to convert to another format.