Westpac Foundation Community Grants
Applications for Westpac Foundation Community Grants are now open until 12pm (midday) on Tuesday 24 March 2015 AEDT
Westpac, in partnership with Westpac Foundation, is committed to supporting local community organisations providing opportunities to those who need it most. Westpac Foundation Community Grants, funded in partnership with generous Westpac staff donors, encourage local not-for-profit organisations that have a big idea to change lives for the better to apply for funding.
The general public, Westpac customers and staff have the opportunity to get behind their favourite community organisation by encouraging them to apply for a grant. Any community organisation that meets the eligibility criteria can apply for a community grant of up to $10,000.
To be eligible for funding, your organisation must:
- Be endorsed as, or auspiced by, a Deductible Gift Recipient (but not another ancillary fund) listed with the Australian Taxation Office under Item 1 of the Table in Section 30-15 of the Income Tax Assessment Act, 1936
- Have an annual gross revenue of less than $4 million in the 2013/2014 financial year
- Work with your local community to address social disadvantage through providing educational opportunities, employment pathways or improving quality of life for people in need, with particular focus on these target groups: Indigenous Australians, refugees, women, youth, aged, people living with disability or homeless populations
- Not have received funding from Westpac Foundation in 2014.
Please note your organisation must meet all of the eligibility criteria in order to apply.
What we do fund
- Projects that will make a demonstrated impact for local communities
- Project-specific operating costs, including salaries.
What we do not fund
- Organisations that do not have a Deductible Gift Recipient Item 1 status with the ATO, or are not auspiced
- Charities that mainly work overseas
- Hospitals, hospices or medical centres
- Medical research, funding for medical equipment or medical treatments
- Rescue services
- Schools, colleges and universities
- Sponsorship or funding towards a marketing appeal or fundraising activities
- Capital projects, major equipment, appeals and refurbishments
- Projects that support animals or to promote animal welfare
- Programs promoting religion.
More than Money
We know that your project needs more than money to survive and thrive. That’s why for the first time this year we are offering a specially tailored More than Money initiative to 40 selected Community Grants recipients. Support could include business mentoring, training, access to networks and more. More than Money is designed to build the capacity of your organisation to deliver its mission and will be offered on top of the grant to those organisations that have a clear need and commitment, as demonstrated in their application, to a partnership with Westpac that goes beyond funding.
How to apply
If you meet all the eligibility criteria, please proceed to the application form.
Please refer to our FAQs for any questions about the application process.
Applications will close at 12pm (midday) on Tuesday 24 March 2015 AEDT.