Mobile Banking security
Mobile Banking and our Security Guarantee
Westpac Mobile Banking provides the same high level security as our Online Banking. And our Security Guarantee means we'll refund your money if your account is compromised due to internet fraud, as long as you comply with our Online Banking terms and conditions. This includes keeping your access codes and passwords private.
Mobile security tips
- Online Security Specialist McAfee are offering McAfee Multi Access to Westpac customers 6 months free Internet security covering you for up to 5 devices.
- Lock your phone when not in use. This password-protects your device so that nobody else can use it or view information. Also be sure to store your device in a safe location.
- Lost or changed your mobile phone number? Call Telephone Banking on 132 032 in order to update your Westpac Protect™ SMS code details. We suggest this is one of the first things you do.
- Clear your mobile frequently by deleting text messages from financial institutions, especially before sharing, discarding, or selling your device.
- Watch what you send - never disclose via text message any personal information (account numbers, passwords, or personal info that could be used in ID theft).
- Westpac Protect™ SMS code and SecurID® tokens provide an extra layer of protection by generating a one-time-password which you use to authorise certain Westpac Live transactions, giving you greater peace of mind when banking online.
- Keep your device updated through iTunes for iPhone. For all other devices, contact your mobile service provider.
- Do not hack your device (also known as Jailbreaking) as this can leave it open to infection from a virus or Trojan. We recommend you also install security software, if available.
- Stick with a secure network by ensuring wherever possible, that all internet connections are password protected.
- Use trusted apps - always download mobile apps from reputable sources. Get the free Westpac app from the App Store or Android™ Market, and ensure that Westpac Banking Corporation is listed as the app publisher or seller. If you have suspicions about the authenticity of a mobile banking app, visit westpac.com.au on your phone's browser and bookmark it for future use.
Our Mobile Banking site has been optimised for mainstream mobile browsers and operating systems to ensure the highest level of security and best online experience.
Supported operating systems
- Apple iOS 3.0 and above
- Android 2.2 and above
- BlackBerry 6.0 and above
- Windows® 7.5 and above
Problems using our site?
Please call 1300 655 505 (8am - 8pm, 7 days a week).
Things you should know
iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
BlackBerry® is a trademark of Research In Motion Limited (RIM) registered in the U.S. and other countries. Used under license from Research In Motion Limited. Android™ is a trademark of Google Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions.
The iPhone application is only available for use by Westpac Australia customers.
SecurID is a registered trademark of EMC Corporation.
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.