Westpac BlueChip20 may be appropriate for you if you're new to the share market or are looking to increase the diversity in your investment portfolio with shares in the top 20 Australian companies.
- You make a minimum initial investment of $2,500 which is matched with a BT Margin Loan of the same (or similar) amount
- These funds are then used to purchase a market weighted portfolio of Australia’s top 20 companies, as determined by the S&P ASX Top 20 Index
- Each subsequent month you invest a minimum of $250 which is matched with a BT Margin Loan contribution of the same (or similar) amount
- As the value of your portfolio grows, you may be entitled to more dividend payments. These can either be reinvested or used to offset the interest on your loan
- Investing in Westpac Bluechip20 may save you on brokerage, with a maximum fee of 0.05% (plus GST) for each contribution made
- Access your portfolio details online 24/7 to check the value and performance of your portfolio, loan balance, trading activity and more.
For more information on Westpac BlueChip20 and margin loans read:
Westpac BlueChip20 rates
Variable Interest Rate
|Variable Interest Rate||6.02% p.a. (effective from 15/12/2020)|
Rates (Pre-paid interest is not refundable)
|3 months pre-paid||5.40% p.a.|
|6 months pre-paid||5.40% p.a.|
|9 months pre-paid||5.40% p.a.|
|12 months pre-paid||5.40% p.a.|
|2 years pre-paid||5.70% p.a.|
|3 years pre-paid||5.85% p.a.|
|4 years pre-paid||6.00% p.a.|
|5 years pre-paid||6.15% p.a.|
You may choose to pay fixed interest monthly in arrears for an additional 0.10% p.a.
Interest can be pre-paid on fixed rates for terms of 3, 6, 9 or 12 months.
Use this form to change your instructions in respect of bank accounts linked to your Westpac Bluechip20 Account.
Use this form to lodge securities into your Westpac BlueChip20 Account.
Use this form to make additional investments into your Westpac Bluechip20 Account.
Use this form to nominate an authorised representative to operate your Westpac BlueChip20 margin loan on your behalf
Use this form to add or amend the contact details for a borrower or guarantor.
Use this form to terminate your Westpac BlueChip20 investment and associated margin loan.
Use this form to withdraw available funds from your BT Margin Loan account for investment purposes only.
Use this form to sell investments in your Westpac BlueChip20 Account.
Use this form when you would like to apply for a credit limit increase or where BT Margin Lending has requested an updated financial assessment from you.
Use this form to manage changes to your regular direct debit and investment amount for a Westpac BlueChip20 facility only.
Things you should know
General advice on this website has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Before acting on the advice, consider its appropriateness and the Westpac BlueChip20 Product Disclosure Statement and the BT Margin Loan Product Disclosure Statement (each a PDS). Each PDS is relevant when deciding whether to acquire or hold these products.
Westpac BlueChip20 is a financial product issued by Praemium Australia Limited ABN 92 117 611 784 AFSL No. 297956. The BT Margin Lending Margin Loan is a financial product issued by BT Securities Limited ABN 84 000 720 114 AFSL No. 233722 and Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141, AFSL No. 233714 (Westpac). Neither product is a deposit with or other liability of Westpac or any other company in the Westpac group of companies. They are subject to investment risk, including possible delays in repayment and loss of income and principal invested. Neither Westpac nor any of its respective directors, officers, employees, associates, or its subsidiaries guarantee or give any assurance in regard to the capital value, income return or performance of any investment offered in either PDS.