Our dream rate just got dreamier
Why choose a Westpac Unsecured Personal Loan?
- Borrow $4,000 - $50,000 with no need to offer a car as security
- Interest rate 8.99% p.a. (comparison rate 10.17% p.a.^) fixed for 1-7 years
- Set up a direct debit so you never miss a repayment.
- Weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments – to align with when you’re paid
- A fixed rate means you’ll know what your repayments and loan end date will be
- Already with Westpac? Once approved, sign your contract online and the funds will go to your account straight away.*
How could you use this loan?
Simplify your finances
Consolidate debts to a single loan, with one regular repayment, rate and set of fees.
Whether you’re after a new fridge, a whole new kitchen or something altogether different.
Fund a new or secondhand car – even repairs on the car you already own.
Do something else
Whether it's your big day, school fees or a dream purchase, our Unsecured Personal Loan could help.
This calculator helps you estimate how much your personal loan repayments could be.**
Fees that may apply
|Prepayment fee (applies if you choose a term greater than 2 years and pay it out in less than 2 years. This fee is waived if you pay out your personal loan by re-financing to another Westpac personal loan).||$175|
|Missed payment fee||$15|
|Bank cheque fee||$10|
Other fees and charges may be payable. Find out how you can minimise fees and charges on your loan.
How can I apply?
Apply online in less than 10 minutes. You can use any device and return to complete your application within 14 days.
Over the phone
Apply over the phone by calling 132 651 (8am - 8pm, 7 days a week).
Apply at your nearest branch.
What happens after I apply?
- You can track the status of your loan application with our Online Status Tracker.
- If we require further information to progress your application, we will contact you via phone or email.
- If conditionally approved you may need to email documents to us for verification.
- Once documentation is received and verified, you will be sent an email within 2 business days to view your contract and accept online. Note: Non-Westpac customers will be required to come into a branch to be identified after accepting their contract.
- Tell us which account you would like the funds to be sent to. Allow 1 business day for the funds to be transferred to a Westpac account and up to 3 business days for a non-Westpac account.
Before you apply
Follow this section to improve the likelihood your application is approved.
You’ll be assessed on your ability to repay the money you borrow. Three things you can do to help:
- Make sure you’re meeting your current repayment obligations for
- other credit cards or loans (including lenders such as afterpay and zip pay)
- rent as well as utilities such as your phone, internet and electricity.
- Check the details on your credit report are correct before applying. Head to CreditSmart.org.au and follow the links to a free credit report. More about credit reports.
- Don’t make multiple applications (with us or any other lender). Every application is listed as an enquiry on your credit report. Too many can be seen as a red flag and reduce your chances of approval.
Make sure you have everything in the list below:
- Current debts in your name (e.g. home loan, personal loans, other credit or store cards as well as instalment purchases such as zip pay)
- Proof of income. If your pay doesn’t already go into a Westpac account, you’ll need to show at least one of the following:
- Two payslips from your main employer from the last two months
- A Government Authority statement from the last two months confirming your pension or allowance
- Rental income proof covering the last three months
- Self-employed? You’ll need to show you’ve been in business for at least 18 months, the last two months’ business bank statements and last year’s Notice of Assessment.
- All your regular monthly expenses (including phone bills, insurances etc.)
If you’re already a Westpac customer, you’ll also need to:
- Sign into online banking to double-check your personal details (name, address etc) are up-to-date
- Apply as an existing customer in the application form
- We will have answered some of the basic questions such as personal details (name, address etc) on your application for you. Check that they’re correct.
Additional eligibility criteria or documentation may be required.
Things you should know
This information is general in nature and has been prepared without taking your objectives, needs and overall financial situation into account. For this reason, you should consider the appropriateness of the information to your own circumstances and, if necessary, seek appropriate professional advice. Please consider your individual circumstances before applying for a Westpac Personal Loan. Credit criteria, fees, charges, terms and conditions apply. Information correct as of 20 September 2021.
^Comparison rates: Comparison rates help you understand the true cost of a loan. All comparison rate examples shown are for a personal loan amount of $30,000 and a term of 5 years. WARNING: Comparison rates apply only to the example or examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different loan amounts and terms will result in different comparison rates. Costs such as redraw fees or early repayment fees, and cost savings such as fee waivers, are not included in the comparison rate but may influence the cost of the loan.
- Unsecured Personal Loan repayment terms range from 1 to 7 years. Interest rate ranges and representative examples are based on an unsecured loan of $30,000 borrowed for 5 years with the interest rate of 8.99% p.a. (comparison rate 10.17% p.a.), the estimated total amount payable including fees is $38,388.
#Prepayment fee: If you choose a term greater than 2 years for a Westpac Personal Loan, and pay it out in less than 2 years, there is a prepayment fee of $175. This fee is waived if you pay out your personal loan by re-financing to another Westpac personal loan.
*Access to funds within 60 minutes: Available for existing customers who are approved for an Unsecured Personal Loan. Loan funds will be disbursed into an existing Westpac account 60 minutes from final approval. Funds transferred to a non-Westpac account will take up to 3 days.
**Repayment calculator: Any calculations made by you using this calculator is intended as a guide only. It is for illustrative purposes only and is based on the accuracy of the information provided. The calculator does not take into account a lending establishment fee that maybe charged for a personal loan application. The calculation is not an offer of credit. The amount you can borrow may vary once you complete a loan application and all the details relevant to our lending criteria are captured and verified. The calculations should not be relied on for the purpose of making a decision whether to apply for a personal loan.
##The lending establishment fee will be added to your loan amount. Please read full terms and conditions before making a decision to apply for a Westpac Personal Loan.
Credit provided by Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.