14.09% p.a. variable interest rate
A temporary personal overdraft is an unsecured loan (up to an agreed limit) that forms part of your everyday Westpac Choice bank account balance to help cover short-term financial shortfalls for up to 45 days.
- Temporary overdrafts – from $250 to $50,000
- Only pay interest on funds used (when fees and charges are paid on time)
- Being linked to your Westpac Choice bank account means you have multiple ways to access funds, even with a Westpac Debit Mastercard®
- Temporary overdraft interest rate - 14.09% p.a. variable
- Pay interest only on the money you use, when fees and charges are paid on time
- No security required for a temporary overdraft
- $0 service fee when you spend within the agreed temporary overdraft limits and repay on time (other fees may apply).
A temporary overdraft cannot be used for:
- Refinancing of debt
- Funding borrowing shortfalls when borrowing
- Any business purpose. Alternatively see our Unsecured Business Overdraft.
|Overdraft amount||Variable rate|
|$250 - $50,000||14.09% p.a.|
|Loan amount||Establishment fee|
Other fees and charges may be payable. Find out how you can minimise fees and charges on your Overdraft.
Things you should know
Variable rate may change without notice. Conditions, fees and lending criteria apply. Details available on request.
Other fees and charges apply as set out in the terms and conditions for your linked account. These fees may be related to the way you access your funds through your linked account or because of the impact on that account of your not meeting the overdraft terms and conditions. Fees may change.
BPAY® is a registered trademark of BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518.
World Mastercard®, Mastercard® and the Mastercard brand mark are registered trademarks, and PayPass is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.