Skip to main content Skip to main navigation
Skip to accessibility page Skip to search input

Apply for a Personal Overdraft

Who can apply?

An Australian citizen, or permanent resident, who is 18 years and over. You also need to have a:

  • Westpac Choice Account
  • Permanent monthly income, which can be verified
  • Stable job
  • Good credit history with no defaults or bankruptcies.

What you need to know or compile before applying

The checklist below will help you to make sure you have all the information you need to complete the application form.

  • Your financial details - including annual income before tax, monthly income after tax and any additional income, assets and liabilities, monthly expenses and your existing Westpac account number
  • Your employment details - including current employer's name and address and a contact person who can verify this.
    If you have been in your current job for less than 3 years, we'll need the name, address and phone number of your previous employer.
    If self employed, supply the business name and time spent working for yourself.
  • Your personal details - including driver’s licence number, landlord’s contact number (if renting or boarding).
    If you have not been living at your current address for at least 3 years, please provide your previous address.

Apply in branch

Applications can only be made in branch. You may print and prefill the Personal overdraft application form (PDF 196KB) prior to your branch visit.

What happens next?

To find out how your application is progressing contact the branch where you applied for the Overdraft.