Apply for a Westpac Car Loan
- Aged 18 years or over
- Have regular permanent income
- You need to be a permanent resident of Australia or,
Non-residents: need to hold and have confirmed employment in Australia.
To find out whether your Visa qualifies you and to apply for a Personal Loan under , please call our Personal Lending Centre on 1300 720 697 to discuss.
- Income, employment and financial commitment details
- Driver's license (optional).
What to expect
- 10-15 minutes to apply
- A reference number once you submit your application.
Check the status of your application by dialling 132 651 (8am-8pm, 7 days a week).
What happens next?
Conditionally approved within 24hrs
- May require income verification e.g. payslips.
Find your car
- Within 30 days.
Fax to Westpac
- Dealer's invoice or registration papers.
Contract sent to you
- Sign and return contract in branch with comprehensive insurance papers.
Pay for your car
- Bank cheque.
You then have 30 days to find your ideal car. Once you have found your car you will need to fax us either the car dealer's invoice or registration papers. We then email or post you your contract to sign and once we receive the signed contract back from you, we issue you a bank cheque to purchase your car.
Things you should know
We may use the contact information that you give us to contact you to help complete your application.
This loan must be mainly for personal use. To find out more about business loans, call Westpac Business on 132 142 (8am-8pm, Monday to Friday). Whether purchasing new or refinancing a used car, the vehicle has to have been imported to Australia by the manufacturer, and all the lending criteria met.