- Borrow between $10,000 and $100,000 for a new or used car, which is used as security for the loan (conditions apply)
- A great fixed interest rate of 8.49%2 p.a. (comparison rate 9.54% p.a.1)
- Terms of between 1 and 7 years4
- $250 establishment fee
- $10 monthly service fee (increasing to $12 from 7 July 2017)
- Other fees may apply
|Loan||Annual rate||Comparison rate1|
|Car Loan||8.49%2 p.a.||9.54% p.a.|
|Establishment fee (added to your loan amount)||$250|
|Monthly service fee (increasing to $12 from 7 July 2017)||$10|
|Prepayment fee (applies if you choose a term greater than 2 years, and pay it out in less than 2 years. This fee is waived if you pay out your personal loan by refinancing to another Westpac personal loan).||$175|
|Declined direct debit fee||$9|
|Missed payment fee||$9|
|Duplicate statement fee||$7.50|
|Bank cheque fee||$10|
Other fees and charges may be payable. Find out how you can minimise fees and charges on your loan.
When your car loan is approved, you’ll need to provide details of the comprehensive insurance (including third party) selected before the loan is made available.
There is no obligation to choose Westpac Car Insurance. If you would like to choose whether Westpac Car Insurance is right for you, visit the Car insurance page for more information or call 1800 502 077.
Westpac Motor Insurance is issued by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 (Allianz). Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 distributes the insurance, but does not guarantee the insurance. This information does not take into account your personal circumstances. Read the Product Disclosure Statement, to see if this insurance is right for you. Call 1800 502 077 or visit the Car insurance page for more information.
© Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714
What happens if you suddenly lose your job or become unfit for work through illness or injury?
Financial commitments continue even if your income doesn’t. That’s where Westpac Personal Loan Protection3 can help. Depending on individual circumstances, it can cover personal loan repayments until you recover and get back to work. It also helps cover repayments in the event of your death.
- Premiums are included as part of the amount you borrow and so are covered in your car loan repayments
- Loan protection insurance can easily be included during your car loan application.
Optional Personal Loan Protection insurance
Purchase or refinance a used car
- The vehicle has to have been imported to Australia by the manufacturer, and all the lending criteria met. Prepayment fees may apply.
- You may be able to borrow extra funds to purchase additional items to upgrade your car.
- Please call our Personal Lending Centre on 1300 720 697 to discuss your options.
Westpac Car Loan - eligibility
- Aged 18 years or over
- Have regular permanent income
- You need to be a permanent resident of Australia or,
- Non-residents: need to hold an and have confirmed employment in Australia.
To find out whether your Visa qualifies you and to apply for a Personal Loan under , please call our Personal Lending Centre on 1300 720 697 to discuss.
What information do I need to provide?
- Details of your current financial situation. This will include:
- Your current employer’s name, address and main switchboard number
- If you are self-employed, you will need to provide your recent tax information
- Weekly after-tax income for each person applying for the loan
- Details of your assets, your savings and investments
- Amounts owing on your credit cards, store accounts, etc.
- Details of your other expenses
- We may use the contact information that you give us to contact you to help complete your application.
If you’re already a Westpac customer, check that the details we have on record are up to date before proceeding. You can confirm by calling 132 032 or in Westpac Online Banking. Allow 24 hours for records to update.
Ways to apply?
- Online - usually takes 10-15 minutes.
- Over the phone by calling 1300 720 697 (8am-8pm, 7 days a week).
We give conditional approval immediately and a final decision as soon as we receive all required information.
- In person - at your nearest branch.
What happens after you’ve applied?
After you apply, you will be notified if your application has been approved or not within 2 business days. We may need to contact you to provide further information. This can include copies of your pay slip or other income confirmation.
You then have 30 days to find your ideal car. Once you have found your car you will need to fax us either the car dealer's invoice or registration papers. We then email or post you your contract to sign and you will need to come into a branch with the signed contract and proof of full comprehensive insurance to receive your bank cheque payable to the dealer or seller of the car.
This loan must be mainly for personal use. To find out more about business loans, see our business vehicle finance.
Things you should know
Credit criteria, fees, charges, terms and conditions apply.
Normal lending criteria and car security guidelines need to be met for loan approval.
The vehicle offered as security must not be more than 7 years old at application
Whether purchasing new or refinancing a used car, the vehicle has to have been imported to Australia by the manufacturer, and all the lending criteria met.
Comparison rate information
1. The comparison rate is based on a secured loan of $30,000 over the term of 5 years. WARNING: The comparison rate applies only to the example or examples given. Different amounts and terms will result in different comparison rates. Costs such as redraw fees or early repayment fees, and cost savings such as fee waivers, are not included in the comparison rate but may influence the cost of the loan.
2. Interest rate applicable to new loans approved on or after 15 June 2015.
More about Westpac Insurance
3. Personal Loan Protection is issued by the insurers who are Westpac General Insurance Limited ABN 99 003 719 319 (WGIL) and Westpac Life Insurance Services Limited ABN 31 003 149 157 (WLIS) each of which is liable for separate risks under the terms of the policy. This insurance product is distributed by Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 (the Bank). The policy is not an investment in or deposit with the Bank. No Westpac Group company (other than the Bank as policy distributor and WGIL and WLIS as the product issuers) has any liability in connection with the policy or this document. The Bank does not guarantee payments under the policy.
More about choosing your loan term
4. Our car loans have a standard term of 1 to 7 years. If you choose a term greater than 2 years, and pay it out in less than 2 years, there is a prepayment fee of $175. This fee is waived if you pay out your car loan by re-financing to another Westpac personal loan.