Car Loan Calculator
The above calculator is for loans where the car you’re buying is offered as security and is:
- less than 7 years old
- Made locally or imported by the manufacturer
- Never written off or stolen
- Comprehensively insured.
Not right for you? Take a look at our Unsecured Personal Loan below.
Unsecured Personal Loan
If you don’t want to offer your car as security, or the car you’re after doesn’t meet our secured Car Loan’s eligibility requirements, check out our Unsecured Personal Loan.
Another way to borrow for a car
- Borrow $4,000 -$50,000 (conditions apply)
- No need to offer your car as security
- Your choice of weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments over 1-7 years
- Funds into your Westpac account within 60 minutes of final approval.
Things you should know
Any advice on this website is general in nature and has been prepared without considering your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please consider your individual circumstances before applying for a Westpac Personal Loan. Credit criteria, fees, charges, terms and conditions apply. Information correct as of 16 July 2020.
^Comparison rates: Comparison rates help you understand the true cost of a loan. All comparison rate examples shown are for a personal loan amount of $30,000 and a term of 5 years. WARNING: Comparison rates apply only to the example or examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different loan amounts and terms will result in different comparison rates. Costs such as redraw fees or early repayment fees, and cost savings such as fee waivers, are not included in the comparison rate but may influence the cost of the loan.
- Unsecured Personal Loan repayment terms range from 1 to 7 years. Interest rate ranges and representative examples are based on an unsecured loan of $30,000 borrowed for 5 years with the interest rate of 11.99% p.a. (comparison rate 13.15% p.a.), the estimated total amount payable including fees is $41,085.
- Car Loan repayment terms range from 1 to 7 years. Interest rate ranges and representative examples are based on a personal loan of $30,000 borrowed for 5 years with the interest rate of 7.49% p.a. (comparison rate 8.68% p.a.), the estimated total amount payable including fees is $37,080.
Any calculation made by you using this Car Loan calculator is intended as a guide only. It is for illustrative purposes only and is based on the accuracy of the information provided. The calculator does not take establishment fees, stamp duty or other government charges into account. The calculation is not an offer of credit. The amount you can borrow may vary once you complete a loan application and all the details relevant to our lending criteria are captured and verified. The calculations should not be relied on for the purpose of making a decision whether to apply for a car loan.
##The establishment fee will be added to your loan amount. Other fees and charges may be payable. Please read full terms and conditions before making a decision to apply for a Westpac Personal Loan.
^^To qualify for a lower interest rate, the motor vehicle offered as security cannot be older than 7 years old at the time of application. The vehicle used as security must be registered under the applicant's name and made locally or imported by the manufacturer and all the lending criteria met. Please note that car loan applications have a two-step process, conditional approval then final approval after you have found your car. Conditional approval is valid for 30 days based on the information provided can be verified. Conditional approval is not a loan offer or final approval. Before final approval is confirmed, we will ask you for further details including information about the car being offered as security. Before applying for a Car Loan you should read information provided in 'Before you apply' tab and 'Finalising your application' tab.