Car Loan Calculator
The above calculator is for loans where the car you’re buying is offered as security and is:
- less than 7 years old
- Made locally or imported by the manufacturer
- Never written off or stolen
- Comprehensively insured.
Not right for you? Take a look at our Unsecured Personal Loan below.
Where are you on your car finance journey?
Whether it’s your first or your fiftieth purchase, being on-top of the financials for a car is as important as its features. And doing so before hitting the dealerships could save you big-time. So which stage are you at?
Unsecured Personal Loan or Car Loan? Get help choosing
|Unsecured Personal Loan||Car Loan|
|Consider this loan if the car you want is more than 7 years old, you want a motorbike, caravan or something else, or you don’t want to offer the car as security.||As this loan’s secured against your car, you get a lower rate than our Unsecured Personal Loan^^.|
|You could borrow|
|$4,000 - $50,000||$10,000 - $100,000|
|8.99% p.a. (comparison rate 10.17% p.a.^) fixed||6.49% p.a. (comparison rate 7.69% p.a.^) fixed|
|1-7 years||1-7 years|
|Not required||The car you’re buying|
|Any car (or motorcycle)||Less than 7 years old
|Find out more|
|Go to Unsecured Personal Loan||Go to Car Loan|
Both loans come with...
- A term of 1-7 years
- A fixed rate, so you’ll know what your repayments and loan end date will be
- Fast funds – distributed electronically as soon as you sign the contract
- Choice of repayment frequency – weekly, fortnightly or monthly, to work with when you’re paid
Things you should know
This information is general in nature and has been prepared without taking your objectives, needs and overall financial situation into account. For this reason, you should consider the appropriateness of the information to your own circumstances and, if necessary, seek appropriate professional advice. Please consider your individual circumstances before applying for a Westpac Personal Loan. Credit criteria, fees, charges, terms and conditions apply. Information correct as of 20 September 2021.
^Comparison rates: Comparison rates help you understand the true cost of a loan. All comparison rate examples shown are for a personal loan amount of $30,000 and a term of 5 years. WARNING: Comparison rates apply only to the example or examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different loan amounts and terms will result in different comparison rates. Costs such as redraw fees or early repayment fees, and cost savings such as fee waivers, are not included in the comparison rate but may influence the cost of the loan.
- Unsecured Personal Loan repayment terms range from 1 to 7 years. Interest rate ranges and representative examples are based on an unsecured loan of $30,000 borrowed for 5 years with the interest rate of 8.99% p.a. (comparison rate 10.17% p.a.), the estimated total amount payable including fees is $38,388.
- Car Loan repayment terms range from 1 to 7 years. Interest rate ranges and representative examples are based on a personal loan of $30,000 borrowed for 5 years with the interest rate of 6.49% p.a. (comparison rate 7.69% p.a.), the estimated total amount payable including fees is $36,224.
Any calculation made by you using this Car Loan calculator is intended as a guide only. It is for illustrative purposes only and is based on the accuracy of the information provided. The calculator does not take establishment fees, stamp duty or other government charges into account. The calculation is not an offer of credit. The amount you can borrow may vary once you complete a loan application and all the details relevant to our lending criteria are captured and verified. The calculations should not be relied on for the purpose of making a decision whether to apply for a car loan.
##The establishment fee will be added to your loan amount. Please read full terms and conditions before making a decision to apply for a Westpac Personal Loan.
^^To qualify for a Car Loan, the car offered as security must meet all criteria - either new or if used, cannot be older than 7 years at time of application, registered under the applicant’s name, has been made locally or imported by the manufacturer, has never been written off (even if it was repaired), has a paid, fully comprehensive insurance policy with Westpac noted as the financier and is for personal use only.
Credit provided by Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.