Lodging a claim is simple
- For Unemployment and Job Loss claims, download the or complete the Online Unemployment/Job Loss Claim form
- For Unfit for Work claims, download the
- Alternatively, you may visit a branch to collect and lodge a claim form.
Information needed when initially making a claim
|Job loss claims||A completed Unemployment/Job Loss claim form If you were employed by someone else - an employment separation certificate or a letter from your previous employer stating your period of employment, the reason your employment finished, and your employer’s name and contact details If you were self-employed or in a business partnership - documentation which satisfies the insurer of your loss of employment.|
|Unfit for work claims||A completed Unfit for Work claim form, which your medical practitioner also needs to complete and sign. Documentation confirming the number of hours you worked in the 28 days before you stopped working, for example, payslips, invoices, or a letter from your employer or the company you were working for at the time.|
|Death claims||A certified copy of the original death certificate (a claim form isn't required).|
What happens after you claim?
You'll be contacted within 10 working days to either:
- Confirm if your claim has been accepted, or
- Request additional information to help reach a decision on your claim.
Need claim help?
If you have any questions, or would like help completing the claim form, call 1300 369 989,
8.45am - 5pm, Mon - Fri AEST/AEDT.