Helpful cashback offers with Westpac Extras.
Westpac Extras is just one way to say thank you for choosing us.
Enjoy cashback to your account on eligible transactions from well-known and loved brands – from department stores and supermarkets to petrol stations, travel partners and more. Better still, these cashback offers are on top of any in-store sales, discounts, loyalty benefits and credit card reward points.
We’ll let you know by email, (if you choose to hear from us this way) and in your Online Banking when we have an offer, we think you’ll love. Then all you need to do is make an eligible transaction at the featured store and the reward is yours – no complicated codes or coupons to remember.
We’ll email your offers straight to your inbox, if you choose to hear from us this way. You can also find them by signing into Online Banking and going to Rewards & Offers.
Shop at participating stores using your eligible Westpac credit card.
We'll give you a statement credit back on your account within 7 days.
Look out for Westpac Extras like this:
If you qualify for these personalised offers, expect to see them in your email or in Online Banking in Rewards and Offers.
Like more information?
If you have any further questions about Westpac Extras, please call the contact number on the back of your card between 8am - 8pm, Monday to Friday (Sydney time).
Here are some FAQs to help you:
Westpac Extras is a program where we’ve partnered with some of Australia’s favourite brands to reward our credit card customers with personalised cashback offers. It’s simple! We’ll email your personalised offers as well as displaying these under ‘Reward & offers’ in Westpac Live. When you receive an offer, simply shop at the featured store using your eligible Westpac credit card and you’ll get a statement credit in your account for each eligible transaction. The offers are on top of any in-store sales, discounts, loyalty benefits and credit card reward points you may receive.
If you see a cashback offer you like, you’ll need to meet the minimum spend requirements and number of transactions required at the featured store between 12:00AM AEST on the Start date and 11:59PM AEST on the End date to qualify for a cashback on your card.
The relevant date for determining eligibility is the date of the transaction as it appears on your monthly card statement. You just need a 'eligible' Westpac credit card. Each Westpac Extra offer is subject to its own terms and conditions, explained in the email or in Westpac Live.
When you use your eligible Westpac credit card we'll take a note of where you like to shop and send you offers, but from time to time we’ll give you other offers that we think you’ll also love.
If you haven't received any offers, , it could be because there are none available that match your spend history or we haven't found any we think you'll love.
No. You still have to pay the full minimum monthly repayment otherwise you’ll be charged a late payment fee. The statement credit does, however, decrease your outstanding account balance.
Westpac Extras offers will be updated regularly and sent to you as they become available.
Westpac Extras Emails – to receive offer emails, you must be opted into receiving email marketing. To check and update your preferences, simply go to 'Preferences' under 'Services & preferences' in Westpac Live.
Reward & Offers - to access offers in Westpac Live, you must be registered with Westpac Live Online Banking. If you have not registered or have forgotten your login details, click here.
Most Westpac branded consumer credit cards and Altitude Business credit cards are eligible.
At this stage, these cards aren’t included: Westpac BusinessChoice, Westpac corporate credit cards, Westpac consumer or business debit cards.
Purchases made using an online payment platform such as PayPal are not eligible (even where an Eligible Credit Card is linked to that online payment platform).
To unsubscribe from the Westpac Extras emails, use the “Unsubscribe from Westpac Extras" link located at the bottom of your Westpac Extras emails. To unsubscribe from the Westpac Extras offers in Westpac Online Banking visit preferences and change your references under Reward and offers program.
No. If you have an eligible Westpac Credit Card, you'll will be automatically enrolled into the Westpac Extras program.
To manage your enrolment into Westpac Extras login to Westpac Live and go Services and preferences > Notifications > Reward & Offers or call the number on the back of your credit card.
You will receive the cashback amount as statement credits on your card account. The statement credit will generally be credited to your account 7 days after you've spent the qualifying amount on your eligible Westpac credit card or up to 30 days if any redeemed offers are disputed. In addition, please wait an additional 3 business days if the transaction was made during a public period holiday. If your credit card is being replaced please allow an additional 5 business days after you receive your replacement card for the statement credit to be processed.
If you have any further questions about your statement credit, call the number on the back of your credit card between 8am - 8pm, Monday to Friday (Sydney time).
Please ensure you allow 7 days for your statement credit to be processed or up to 30 days if any reward offers are disputed. It will appear as ‘Westpac Extras rewards’ on your statement or ‘Extrasrewards’ if viewed via Online Banking transactions history.
There are a number of reasons why you may not have received your cashback.
- Your purchase is not eligible if you did not select ‘credit’ at the time of making your purchase (i.e. you selected ‘savings’ or ‘cheque’ instead).
- Your purchase is not eligible if you used an online payment platform such as PayPal when buying from an online store. Purchases made via a linked online payment platform are not eligible for the cashback offer.
- If your transaction was made during a public holiday period, allow an additional 2 - 3 business days for the statement credit to process.
- If your card is being replaced, allow an additional 5 business days after you receive your replacement card for the statement credit to be processed.
If you have made an eligible purchase and cannot locate your statement credit, you can call the number on the back of your credit card between 8am - 8pm, Monday to Friday (Sydney time) for assistance.
Yes. You will continue to earn Rewards Points in addition to your cashback on eligible purchases.
Yes. Additional cardholders are eligible to take advantage of the offers received by the primary cardholder. Any cashback received as a result of an additional cardholder making an eligible purchase will be credited to the primary account holder’s card.
No. These offers have been customised for you based on your spending habits and are not transferrable to anyone else.
Things you should know
1. To receive the cashback, you must make the eligible purchase on an eligible Westpac credit card and comply with the offer criteria.
2. You will receive the cashback amount as a statement credit on your credit card account. This statement credit will normally be paid onto your credit card account within 7 days after the date on which the eligible purchase is processed, but please allow additional days during public holidays or if your card is being replaced.
3. The statement credit will not contribute to any minimum monthly payment applicable to your credit card account.
4. Eligible Westpac credit cards include most Westpac branded consumer credit cards and the Altitude Business credit card. Westpac BusinessChoice credit cards, Westpac Commercial credit cards and Westpac Consumer or Business Debit Cards are not eligible. Purchases made using an online payment platform such as PayPal are not eligible (even where an Eligible Credit Card is linked to that online payment platform).
5. You are not eligible to receive cashback if your credit card account is in default or if your card has been cancelled or suspended.
6. Cashback is available only on local or domestic purchases made in Australian dollars.
7. Offers are non-transferrable and can only be redeemed by either the cardholder who has been sent this offer directly by Westpac (the Primary Cardholder) or by an additional cardholder using a card linked to the Primary Cardholder's credit card account. Cashbacks are not transferrable to the additional cardholder's other Westpac credit card(s). Only 1 cashback offer per merchant per cardholder.
8. Offers cannot be refunded, exchanged or redeemed for cash or credit.
9. To be eligible, your transaction must be made between 12:00AM AEST on the Start date and 11:59PM AEST on the End date. The relevant date for determining eligibility is the date of the transaction as it appears on your monthly card statement.
10. The Westpac Extras program is subject to these Terms and Conditions. Offers will also be subject to their own Terms and Conditions.
11. Westpac is not responsible for the accuracy or completeness of claims made in relation to the services provided by merchants who participate in the Westpac Extras program.