Split big buys into small repayments
SmartPlan is a repayment planner for Westpac personal credit card customers.
SmartPlan splits your credit card repayments into manageable instalments. You can track up to 8 SmartPlans at any one time in Online Banking or the Westpac App.
There are two types of SmartPlan:
- Large Purchase SmartPlan for single purchases of $200 or more made within the last 30 days.
- Balance SmartPlan for any credit card balance (or part of a credit card balance) of $200 or more.
Set up a Large Purchase SmartPlan today and pay 0% p.a. on the purchase for the first 3, 6 or 12 months.1
Sign into Online Banking or the Westpac App to use SmartPlan today.
What could a 3, 6 or 12-month Large Purchase SmartPlan cost you? 2
Washing machine - 3 months
Purchase value: $500
Establishment fee: 1% ($5)*
Monthly instalment: $168.33
Interest: 0% if you repay within 3 months
Laptop – 6 months
Purchase value: $1,000
Establishment fee: 2% ($20)*
Monthly instalment: $170
Interest: 0% if you repay within 6 months
International flight – 12 months
Purchase value: $2,000
Establishment fee: 4% ($80)*
Monthly instalment: $173.33
Interest: 0% if you repay within 12 months
Frequently asked questions
You can set up and manage your SmartPlan in Online Banking:
- For a Balance SmartPlan, select your credit card balance.
- For a Large Purchase SmartPlan, select a purchase of $200 or more made within the last 30 days. Purchases eligible for SmartPlan will be marked with an icon in your transaction history. To ensure that your credit card balance does not exceed the credit limit, please consider the amount of the establishment fee indicated when you set up a plan.
Your SmartPlan will be activated within 2 business days of set up. You can cancel your SmartPlan any time in Online Banking.
Things you should know
SmartPlans are currently available for eligible Westpac consumer credit cards. Fees may apply.
* The establishment fee is charged upfront but is payable in monthly instalments over the term of your Large Purchase SmartPlan. This means that if you cancel your SmartPlan (or don’t make the required SmartPlan repayments) you must still pay the whole establishment fee, including any interest on the establishment fee.
SmartPlan requires cardholders to make regular monthly payments for the full term and at the interest rate that applies when the SmartPlan is created. Note: To ensure that your credit card balance does not exceed the credit limit, please consider the amount of the establishment fee indicated when you set up a plan.
All payments made to your credit card account will be applied first to any SmartPlan instalments. Therefore debts accruing a higher interest rate may be left unpaid during the SmartPlan term.
Any balance transfer amounts on a SmartPlan must have a remaining term of between 3 and 36 months to be eligible for a SmartPlan. See Westpac SmartPlan Terms and Conditions for more details.
SmartPlan cancellation takes up to 2 business days. When a SmartPlan ends, any remaining balance will revert to the variable annual interest rate for your balance type or special offer rate as applicable.
Cardholders keep interest-free days (if applicable) with a balance transfer when you pay the Monthly Payment Balance specified on your statement by the due date. The Monthly Payment Balance includes any SmartPlan instalments but does not include any outstanding balance transfers.
1 A monthly establishment fee will apply to all Large Purchase SmartPlans.
2 The above are examples only and are designed to give you an indication of the cost of Large Purchase SmartPlans. The actual cost of a Large Purchase SmartPlan will be confirmed when you set up a Large Purchase SmartPlan in Online Banking.