Welcome to your Altitude Black card
Thank you for choosing our Altitude Black cards. Welcome to a great way to earn points.
The following booklet gives you important information about your card including great features and benefits and how to contact us:
From 4 April 2018, there will be important changes to the Altitude cards. To see the changes, click here.
If you're the primary cardholder, you've already received your welcome email which contained:
- Your Financial Table
- Your Credit Card Key Facts Sheet.
Your email also included other important details about what you need to do next including how you will receive or where you can collect your cards.
If you're an additional cardholder, you've already received your welcome email which contained important details about what you need to do next including how you will receive or where you can collect your cards.
What you need to do next
Together with your Financial Table, the following document forms the credit contract for your card. It's important that you read these carefully and download, save and print a copy for your records:
You can call us on 1300 651 999 (24/7) to request paper copies of your documents.
Other important information
Here's some handy information to help you get the most out of your card:
Verifying your identity
Please read this section if your welcome email stated that you will need to verify your identity to collect your card.
To make sure we give your cards to no one else but you, before you collect it we'll need you to complete Westpac's Customer Identification Procedure and confirm who you are. If you have any questions or would like more information, you can call us on 1300 651 999.
You can find a full list of identification documentation at westpac.com.au/aml
Verifying your income
Please read this section if your welcome email stated that you will need to provide proof of income.
Your employment and income documents you'll need to bring along if you're the primary cardholder.
We'll need a few details about your employment and to certify the income amount you stated on your application.
Please make sure you bring one of the following items:
- Your last two (2) pay slips containing year-to-date totals; or
- Your last four consecutive (4) pay slips if there are no year-to-date totals.
If you mentioned any other income on your application form, you'll also need to bring along the relevant documents from the list below:
- Interest advice(s) from any financial institution in your name for the last financial year
- Statement(s) issued to you by, or on behalf of, institutions for the last financial year, setting out dividend payments or income from securities or other investments held by you
- Real estate agent statement(s), or statement(s) issued by your financial institution, noting your rental income for the last financial year.
Be credit savvy when managing your credit card
To manage your credit card, remember these two simple rules:
- Always aim to pay off more than your monthly minimum amount as making minimum payments is not an effective way to manage your credit card debt
- Make sure your credit limit is realistic. Call us on 1300 651 999 if you want to reduce your credit limit, and it will be effective immediately.
There can be reasons, such as job loss or illness, which can mean that even the most responsible borrower might get into temporary financial difficulty. If you find yourself in this position, just call us on 1300 651 999.