A credit limit increase could give you the flexibility you want from your Westpac credit card.
You can request for a credit limit increase* in multiple ways:
- Call us on 1300 130 961. (8am and 8pm, Mon to Fri, AEST)
- Visit your nearest branch
- Sign into Online Banking, select your credit card, click on ‘services & preferences’ and then ‘increase my credit limit’ (register for Online Banking if you haven’t already done so)
Staying informed about credit limit invitations could help provide you with greater flexibility when you need it.
It’s easy to register your consent to receive credit limit increase invitations from us. You can provide your consent by:
- Visiting westpac.com.au/cliconsent
- Call us on 1300 308 930. (24 hours a day)
How can I decrease my credit limit?
You can decrease your credit limit at any time. Please note, minimum card limits will apply for each credit card. Call us on 1300 130 961.
|Product name||Minimum limit||Maximum limit|
|Altitude Black and Earth Black credit cards||$15,000||$75,000|
|Altitude Platinum credit card||$6,000||$30,000|
|Altitude Platinum Plus credit card||$8,000||$75,000|
|Earth Platinum Plus credit card||$8,000||$50,000|
|All Gold credit cards||$5,000||$30,000|
|Ignite credit cards||$2,000||$25,000|
|All Platinum credit cards||$6,000||$50,000|
|Student credit card||$300||$1,000|
|Other personal credit cards||$500||$25,000|
Things you should know
By registering your consent, we can send you written credit limit increase invitations from time to time. It’s always your choice to apply for a credit limit increase.
Before you register your consent to receive written credit limit increase invitations, which you can do at any time, you should know that:
- If we send you an invitation to apply for an increased credit limit, you can choose to apply
- You can withdraw your consent at any time by calling us on 1300 130 961 (8am and 8pm, Mon to Fri. AEST)
- We retain the right to decline any credit limit increase applications
- Your consent will apply to any credit cards you have with us now or in the future
* Important information.
Westpac’s lending policies and guidelines are designed to ensure we lend responsibly. Before applying to increase your credit limit, please make sure you’re comfortable with the higher monthly payments and higher credit limit.
To manage your credit card just remember these two simple rules:
1.Always aim to pay off more than your monthly minimum amount as making minimum payments is not an effective way to manage your credit card debt.
2.Make sure your credit limit is realistic. Call us on 1300 130 961 (8am and 8pm, Mon to Fri) if you want to reduce your credit limit, and it’ll be effective immediately.
There can be reasons, such as job loss or illness, which can mean that even the most responsible borrower might get into temporary financial difficulty. If you find yourself in this position, just call us on 1800 067 497 (8.30 am-7.30 pm, Mon – Fri & 9.30 am-5.00 pm, Sat, AEST).
Terms and Conditions: Credit criteria apply. We’ll write to you within 20 days of receiving your application to confirm any changes to your credit limit. We reserve the right to decline your credit limit increase application including where your application is incomplete or where your card account is not in order.