Getting help overseas
If you need to contact us while you’re overseas, you can contact us at any time on the numbers below. You can even place a reverse charge call if you need to.
Reporting a lost or stolen card
First, contact the Telstra Australia Direct® Reverse Charge access number for the country you're in to book a reverse charge call.
Then request the call be placed to +61 2 9293 9270 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week), or for Black cardholders +61 3 6345 1999. Please note that calls made from mobile phones or hotel rooms may attract additional charges, not covered by the reverse charge service.
You can also report a card lost or stolen via Online or Mobile Banking.
- Sign in to Westpac Online Banking
- Select Services from the Services & preferences menu
- Select Report lost or stolen cards from the Urgent services menu
- Sign in to Westpac Mobile Banking
- Go to the Menu and select Security
- Select Report lost/stolen card
Emergency card replacement and cash service
If your card is lost or stolen, take advantage of our Emergency Card Replacement service, where a replacement card can usually be provided within 2 business days.
By advising us that your credit card is missing may protect you from liability for any subsequent misuse of your card.
You also have access to an emergency cash advance - subject to your available credit limit and your account being in good standing.
- MasterCard and Visa may be able to help you with Emergency replacement cards and Emergency cash advances.
To access these emergency services through MasterCard, visit mastercard.com, select your country and click on 'Emergency Services'. If your card is Visa, visit visa.com, select your country and go to 'Visa Global Customer Assistance'.
You will be asked for the details listed on your Westpac records, such as your:
- Address in Australia
- Phone number in Australia
- If you can't reach MasterCard or Visa, contact Westpac on a reverse charge call, by calling the Telstra Australia Direct® Reverse Charge access number for the country you're in to book a reverse charge call to +61 2 9293 9270 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week).
Please note that calls made from mobile phones, public telephones or hotel rooms may attract additional charges, not covered by the reverse charge service.
Two tips about an emergency replacement card:
In most cases, MasterCard and Visa can issue you with a replacement card within 24-48 hours, although this depends on your location
An emergency card can be used to make manual and swiping transactions at overseas merchants or a cash advance at an overseas bank, but can't be used to withdraw cash from an ATM.
Two tips about an emergency cash advance:
Emergency cash can be debited from your card within 24-48 hours
The maximum amount is US$5,000 a day, as long as you stay within your credit limit and your credit card account is in good standing.