Frequently asked questions
No, you cannot complete a balance transfer into a Flex card.
You cannot take a cash advance or withdraw funds from this account.
Flex card does not have a late payment fee. A $10 monthly fee is charged on your statement date if you haven't paid your previous month’s balance in full by the due date.
We do not impose any charges for foreign transaction fees. However, the merchant may charge their own foreign transaction fees.
No. You can only have one Flex card with a limit of $1,000.
You can only report a card lost / stolen via our Mobile Banking app if you have a physical card. If you only have a digital Flex card, there is no reason to report it lost stolen. If you are concerned about the security of your digital Flex card, please contact us.
- You can add your Flex card directly to Apple Pay on an iOS device from our Mobile Banking app.
- If you are on the Beta version of the Android Mobile Banking app you cannot add your Flex card directly to Google Pay from our Mobile Banking app and will need to copy the card number from your digital card and add the details directly to the Google Pay app. If you are on other versions of the Android Mobile Banking app you can add your Flex card directly to Google Pay from our Mobile Banking app.
- At this time, you cannot add your Flex card directly to Samsung Pay, Fitbit Pay or Garmin Pay from our Mobile Banking app. You will need to copy the card number from your digital card and add the details directly to the Mobile wallet app to do this.
If you have added your Flex card to a digital wallet it will work on the Mastercard network in all countries where contactless payments are accepted. Some places don't accept payments from digital wallets. We recommend you take your plastic card as a backup when travelling overseas. You can order a plastic Flex card via our Mobile Banking app. Select your Flex account, scroll down to ‘Card settings’ and select ‘Order a physical card’. Confirm your mailing address and select "Send card". Allow up to 10 business days for your card to arrive.
You cannot switch from the Flex card to another credit card product. You will need to complete a separate application for a new credit card and then close the Flex card.
No. SmartPlan is not available for Flex card.
No. The Flex card is only issued to an individual cardholder.
The credit limit for the Flex card is currently set at $1,000 for all eligible customers.
The Flex Card has eligibility criteria that needs to be met. For example, to apply for a Flex card you must be over 18 years of age and live in Australia. If you don’t meet the relevant eligibility criteria, your application won’t be approved.
If your application was not approved, we are unable to specify the exact reason or reverse the decision, unless the reason is a result of your credit bureau history, in which case that would have been specified in the notification you received when the application was declined.
We consider numerous factors as part of our end to end assessment process, including but not limited to:
- Your credit file
- Your income and spending patterns
- Your current lending commitments
- Other information you have provided as a part of your application journey
Flex card has zero interest.
We need to collect this information to comply with our relevant obligations.
To complete our credit assessment, we require access to your everyday transaction account records (where you have your regular income deposited and you use for your spending). If this account is held with another bank, our secure service allows you to connect to your other bank for a one-time check of your transaction and income history.
We will access your transactions for the last 12 months for assessment purposes and retain the key decision details such as your total income and expenses. We do not have access to, or retain, your account details. It's fast, secure, and document-free.
We have tried to capture most other financial institutions, but unfortunately we may not be able to link to all. If you cannot see your financial institution in the list, you may not be able to apply for the Flex card.
You can access your digital Flex card through our Mobile Banking app. Select your Flex card from the Accounts list on your Dashboard, your digital card is displayed in the Cards hub. You can use these details for online shopping and to add the card to your preferred Digital wallet.
Someone from our team will contact you via the phone number you used on your application. Please wait to hear from our team.
Changes to your autopay payment settings will take effect after your next statement is issued. If you want to make a payment before then, you can make an additional payment. Refer to your statement for additional payment options.
You can choose to have your autopay payments debited either monthly (on the 21st day of your statement cycle) or twice monthly. Twice monthly autopay payments will be taken on approximately the 7th and 21st days of your statement cycle. This means that the calendar date will change each month. You will be sent a reminder notification that your payment is due one business day prior to each autopay payment due date.
Twice monthly autopay payments will be taken on approximately the 7th and 21st days of your statement cycle. The calendar date will change each month. You will be sent a reminder notification that your payment is due one business day prior.
The reasons why your autopay may not be working include:
- If you have provided invalid account details, your autopay will fail and be stopped. You will need to update your account details and reinstate your Autopay via our Mobile Banking app.
- If your autopay is set up for monthly payments it will be stopped after two months / statement cycles are missed. If your autopay is set up for twice monthly payments it will be stopped after two consecutive missed payments (one statement cycle).
Once you have caught up your minimum missed payments, you can reinstate your Autopay via our Mobile Banking app.
There are a few reasons why you may not be able to spend on your Flex card:
- You must have an active autopay set up for your Flex card with valid account details.
- Your Flex card cannot be used for gambling transactions or for cash advances.
- If you miss two consecutive payments, your autopay will be stopped, and you will not be able to spend on your card until you have caught up on your minimum missed payments and reinstated your autopay. If you are up to date on your payments, you will just need to reinstate autopay.
- You must pay the minimum payment each month (as shown in the Mobile Banking app or on your statement), if you do not, you will not be able to spend on your card until you have caught up on these payments.
In the Mobile Banking app, access your Flex Card account, a message is displayed Autopay was turned off, your card has been locked. Select ‘Turn autopay on’. If your account details are correct select ‘Turn autopay on’ again. If your account details are incorrect select ‘Edit settings’ and update your required details first.
You can amend your payment amount; payment frequency and the details of the account that the payments are taken from. Once these details are updated, turn on your autopay. Your autopay will only take effect after your next statement is issued. Until then, you’ll have to make manual additional payments on your card.
Your next scheduled Autopay amount will be reduced by the amount of any additional payments credited to your account. Returns are not considered payments and will not be deducted from your next scheduled Autopay payment. However, your Autopay amount will be adjusted to ensure you do not overpay your account balance.
If your statement closing balance is less than your nominated Autopay amount, we’ll reduce the Autopay. The maximum amount Autopay will debit from your nominated Autopay account is your statement’s closing balance. Any additional payments credited to your account will reduce your Autopay.
You will only be able to see and update your Autopay repayment details on the following business day after your Flex card application is approved. If you take out a Flex card on a weekend you will only be able to see and update your Autopay repayment details on the following Tuesday.
Your contact details may be incorrect or not up to date in Online banking. To check your details, please login and update your details via Online or Mobile banking to ensure you receive your payment reminders.
If you haven't paid your previous month’s balance in full by the due date or your autopay has been dishonoured and your payment has not gone through, you will be charged a $10 monthly fee on your next statement date. If you have paid off your previous month’s balance in full by the due date, the $10 monthly fee will be waived.
You will receive a digital card when your application is approved that can be added to your digital wallet immediately, but you will not receive a plastic card unless you request one. You can order a Flex card via our Mobile Banking app. Select your Flex account, scroll down to ‘Card settings’ and select ‘Order a physical card’. Confirm your mailing address and select ‘Send card’. Allow up to 10 business days for your card to arrive.
Transactions made within the date range for the statement may not have been posted at the time of the statement, and will not be included in the statement, they will be included in the next statement. You can check your Online Banking for your latest transactions.
You can contact us to assist you to transfer excess funds from your card.