Accounts for kids, teens & students
Things you should know
1. Bonus interest: payable each month that you: make a deposit to the account, ensure the account balance is higher at the end than the beginning of the month, and keep the account balance above $0. For bonus interest qualification, a month is the period from close of business on the last business day of the prior month to close of business on the last business day of the current month.
2. Parental Control: parents or guardians must be an account signatory to have Parental Control. There’s a limit of two signatories per Bump Savings account. Parental Control does not apply to a child’s access to funds in branch, however a parent (or guardian) signatory must authorise branch withdrawals where a child is under 12. Child must be registered for Westpac Online Banking and Westpac Telephone Banking to access accounts online or over the phone. For children aged 12 years and over: Parental Control is optional and access levels can be amended by the child at any time. For children under 12 years of age: Parental Control is mandatory, and self service Telephone Banking is not available.
3. Savings Goals: Both an account holder and an account signatory (where applicable) can use the Savings Goals feature, including to view, add, edit and delete the savings goals on a Bump Savings or Westpac Life account.
4. Westpac everyday account: To open a Westpac Life account, customers must hold a Westpac everyday account in the same name and be registered for Online and Phone Banking. Fees and charges may apply on the everyday account. For Westpac Bump Savings account, this can be in the name of the child or a parent signatory. Transfers made by the child are subject to any Parental Controls.
5. Debit Mastercard: You need to be at least 14 years of age, and have an Australian residential address to be eligible for the card. If you're not eligible for a Debit Mastercard, apply for a Handycard to access your account.
World Mastercard®, Mastercard® and the Mastercard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of, and PayPassTM is a trademark of, Mastercard International Incorporated.