Everyday banking + up to 2.5% P.A. on savings
Simplify your banking with linked accounts
Combine your Westpac Choice account with a Westpac Life savings account and meet the eligibility criteria each month to earn up to 2.5% p.a. variable interest.
An account + debit card for your day-to-day spending
An account that helps you save and rewards you for it
Earn up to 2.5% p.a. on your savings
How your interest adds up
|Earn interest on your savings:||0.15% p.a.|
|Get a bonus each month you grow your savings:||0.10% p.a.|
|Get a bonus for 5+ debit card uses a month:
|Total interest including bonuses:||2.50% p.a.*|
All interest rates are variable and subject to change. Spend&Save applies to eligible card purchases only and to balances held in Life accounts up to $30,000. The 2.25% bonus does not apply to amounts above that balance.
Get help hitting your savings goals
Use the Savings Goals feature of the Westpac App to manage all your goals through your Life account.
- Use the Savings Goal feature of the Westpac App to manage all your goals through your life account
- Set up to six savings goals
Great if you’re saving for a few different things.
- Put your savings on autopilot
Make saving easier by setting up recurring transfers from your Choice account after every payday.
- Keep track of your progress
Check how your goals are going whenever you need to, all in one place in the Westpac App.
Fees & Rates
|Standard fees (fees may change)||Life savings account||Choice bank account|
|ATM cash withdrawals in Australia (ATM providers may charge a fee – watch out for that!)
|Overseas Withdrawal Fee from a Global Alliance Partner ATM (for more information on Global Alliance Partners see Accessing your accounts overseas)||N/A||$0|
|Overseas Withdrawal Fee from a non-Global Alliance Partner ATM
|Transactions made in foreign currency, and the merchant or financial institution is located outside Australia||N/A||3% of the AUD transaction amount|
|Transactions made in foreign currency, and the merchant or financial institution is located in Australia
||N/A||2.2% of the AUD transaction amount
|Telephone Banking withdrawal (staff assisted)||N/A||N/A|
|Branch staff assisted withdrawal||N/A||N/A|
|Standard variable base rate (when no standard variable bonus rate applies)||0.15% p.a.|
|Standard variable bonus rate||0.10% p.a.|
|Spend&Save variable interest rate||2.25% p.a. (on up to $30,000)|
|Total variable interest rate||up to 2.5% p.a.|
How do I earn bonus interest on my Westpac Life account?
Bonus interest is payable each month that you:
- Make a deposit to the account;
- Ensure your account balance is higher at the end than the beginning; and
- Keep your account balance above $0 at all times.
A month is the period from close of business on the last business day of the previous month to close of business on the last business day of the current month.
How do I earn the Spend&Save bonus?
Spend&Save2 interest is payable every month that you:
- Make 5 eligible purchases with your debit card linked to your Choice account3
- Are 18-29 years old
Your Spend&Save variable bonus interest will be paid at a different time to your Westpac Life variable base interest and variable bonus interest.
If you’ve grown the balance in your Westpac Life savings in the month;
- Your Westpac Life base interest (0.15% p.a.) and bonus interest (0.10% p.a.) will be paid on the last business day of the month. You'll see this as 'INTEREST PAID' in your Westpac Life savings account.
If you’ve made 5 or more eligible purchases with your Westpac Choice debit card in the month;
- Your Spend&Save bonus interest (2.25% p.a.) will be paid by the 20th day of the next month. You'll see this as 'DEPOSIT SPEND AND SAVE' in your Westpac Life savings account.
An eligible purchase includes both in-store and online purchases made with your Westpac Choice debit card.
- For in-store purchases, this includes when you tap, insert or swipe your physical card or pay with PayPass, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Google Pay, Garmin Pay and Fitbit Pay.
- For online purchases, this includes purchases where your debit card details are stored with an online merchant or when you input your debit card details.
All eligible purchases need to be settled (not pending) by the end of the month.
What isn't eligible? ATM transactions, PayID, BPAY, EFTPOS cash out only transactions, direct debits and paying off your credit card account.
You may find these useful
Things you should know
Available to individuals aged 18-29 on new and existing sets of Westpac Life and Choice accounts from 1st July 2020 and may be varied or withdrawn at any time in accordance with the deposit account terms and conditions. Westpac Choice and Westpac Life sole or joint accounts must be opened in the same customer name(s). Eligible on a maximum of 3 sets of Choice and Westpac Life sole and/or joint accounts.Westpac Deposit Accounts for personal and self-managed superannuation fund customers
3. Westpac everyday account: To open a Westpac Life account, customers must hold a Westpac everyday account in the same name and be registered for Online and Phone Banking. Fees and charges may apply on the everyday account.
Google Pay and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc.
The “RFI Group Australian Banking Innovation Awards – Most Innovative Savings Product” was awarded in November 2020 for the Spend&Save bonus interest available for customers aged 18-29, with Westpac Life and Choice accounts.