YEAR13 - FINLIT ACADEMY
Westpac has partnered with Year13 to equip youth with knowledge on managing finances.
Who is Year13?
Knowing how to reach your potential and succeed in life can be daunting when you’re straight out of school. Year13 is a digital support network that celebrates being young and helps you turn your interests into an actionable plan for the future.
Create the life you want by learning the skills you need
We’ve teamed up with Year13 to help you learn all the stuff about money they didn’t teach you in school. Through the FinLit Academy, we are here to help you navigate key financial moments as you grow and become more financially independent, educated and empowered with money.
Check out Year13’s socials!
Start your financial literacy journey with Year13 articles
Get started with the right account for you
Things you should know
- You must be aged 18-29 with a Westpac Life and a Westpac Choice account – both in the same name. Joint accounts are not eligible.
- If you have multiple Westpac Life or Choice accounts, only the earliest opened account is eligible.
- You must make 5 eligible purchases with the debit card linked to your Westpac Choice account and have these settled (not pending) within a calendar month. The following transactions are ineligible: ATM transactions, PayID, BPAY, EFTPOS cash-out only transactions, direct debits and paying off a credit card account.
- For bonus interest qualification, a month is the period from close of business on the last business day of the prior month to close of business on the last business day of the current month. Bonus interest is calculated on the daily balance of your eligible Westpac Life account up to $30,000, and paid to your eligible Westpac Life account by the 20th day of the following month.
- If your eligible Westpac Life account is closed before 21st day of the following month, the bonus interest will not be paid.
- Only one Spend&Save bonus interest offer per customer.
- Offer may be varied or withdrawn at any time in accordance with the
a. your account balance has not fallen below $0; and
b. you (or someone on your behalf) have made a deposit of any amount; and
c. the account balance on the last business day of the month is higher than the account balance on the last business day of the previous month.
Interest paid into your account does not qualify as a deposit in terms of bonus interest eligibility.