Manage your card
Topping up your travel money card
It's quick and easy to reload the travel money card:
- Load funds instantly through Westpac Live Online Banking when you select your Global Currency Card as a "To" account
- To load funds from another Australian Financial Institution using the BSB and account number associated with your card, located on the back of your card
- Use BPAY® by entering the BPAY® Biller Code 208637, then enter your customer reference number which is the 13 digit number on the back of your card
- If using another Australian Financial Institution, load before you go, so you will not have any problems setting up a new payee or biller when you are overseas.
Lost or stolen cards and assistance
Please contact us straight away if your card is lost or stolen:
- 1300 797 470 (within Australia)
- +61 2 9155 7744 (from overseas)
You can speak to someone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Spare money card
For your convenience, we issue you with two travel cards - a primary card and a spare card. They have different card numbers and separate PINs. Both cards should only be used by you and not by another person.
You can use your spare card if you can't use your primary card (such as if it's damaged, lost or stolen). Both cards have access to your Global Currency Card funds and can be used interchangeably.
What if I have money left on the money card when I return from overseas?
You can keep using your card in Australia to either shop online in your chosen currency or withdraw cash from any Westpac Group ATM without paying any ATM withdrawal fees. Alternatively, you can transfer the remaining foreign funds back into Australian Dollars at the applicable exchange rate and request the Available Balance to be transferred into a nominated Australian bank account, simply sign in to gcc.westpac.com.au
Get $50 on us with a new travel money card.*
Min load. T&Cs apply.
Exclusive Visa Travel Offers + Perks
When you travel overseas with the Westpac Global Currency Card, you will be rewarded with a wide selection of exclusive travel benefits from Visa. For details of the current offers & perks available for your travel destination, visit Visa Travel Offers + Perks.
Please select "Visa Classic" to view Westpac Global Currency Card eligible offers.
Things you should know
Information is current as at 16 January 2019. You should read the Westpac Global Currency Card Product Disclosure Statement before making a decision and consider whether this product is appropriate for you. This information does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs and you should consider its appropriateness having regard to these factors before deciding to acquire this product. You must be 16 years or older and have an Australian residential address to be eligible for this product. Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac) is the distributor of the Product. Rev Australia Pty Ltd ACN 117 378 953 AFSL 401610 manages the Westpac Global Currency Card product for Cuscal Limited 087 822 455 AFSL 244116, an authorised deposit taking institution and a member of Visa International. Cuscal Limited is the issuer of the Product only, and does not take deposits from you. Westpac is not responsible for and does not guarantee the Product or Card, your ability to access any prepaid value or the use of this Product or Card. Amounts held on the Product do not represent a deposit with, or any other liability of Westpac or any company in the Westpac Group. Read the Online Banking Terms and Conditions at westpac.com.au Internet connection is needed to access the Westpac Global Currency Card app and Westpac Online and Mobile banking. Normal mobile data charges apply.
We support Apple iPhone iOS 10 and above and Android™ 6.0 (Marshmallow) and above. Android, Google Pay and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc. Mastercard, PayPass and the Mastercard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated. Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. IOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license.
BPAY is ® Registered to BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518.
* AUD 50 Cashback: Offer opens 1st August 9:00am AEST and closes 11:59pm AEST on 30th September 2019. Offer is open to all residents of Australia aged 16 years or older. Offer may be withdrawn or extended at any time and is not available in conjunction with any other offer. Westpac Group employees are eligible to receive this offer. To be eligible for this offer, customers need to open a new Westpac Global Currency Card Account (“Westpac GCC”) either via Online or Mobile Banking, load and convert $1,500 AUD or more into a supported foreign currency on the Westpac GCC before 11:59pm AEST on 30th September 2019. Eligible customers will receive $50 AUD cashback onto their Westpac Currency Card between 6-8 weeks after the offer end date, the account needs to remain open for 8 weeks after the offer end date so that we can credit your account. Offer limited to one $50 AUD cashback per eligible Westpac Global Currency Card Account.