Help for business customers
Apply for COVID-19 Financial Assistance
If your business is experiencing financial difficulty as a result of government health orders or COVID-19 related lockdowns, we're here to help. There are various assistance measures available depending on your business’ circumstances.
Apply for assistance
Apply now or contact Business Assist on 1800 067 497.
COVID-19 support update
The pandemic is continuing to cause disruption for households and businesses across Australia. Our COVID-19 support measures for business customers impacted by the current lockdown have now been expanded.
If your revenue has been impacted by the latest lockdowns, financial assistance for eligible customers is available. This may include:
Temporary overdrafts to help with cashflow
- Interest free temporary overdraft for eligible existing small business customers, up to $15,000 for a maximum of 45 days1.
Repayment deferrals on eligible business, equipment, and auto finance loans
- Defer payments for three months on eligible business loans for small business customers with a total committed exposure of up to $3m – with loan term extensions as required.
SME Recovery Loan Scheme
- The SME Recovery Loan Scheme has been extended to help eligible small businesses impacted by COVID-19. For more information, please visit https://www.westpac.com.au/business-banking/business-loans/sme-recovery-loan/
Transactional and Merchants
- No Interest Rate Adjustments for early terminations on Term Deposits or Farm Management Deposits for eligible small business customers.
- Merchant Terminal Rental Fee, Minimum Monthly Service Fee or Simple Pricing Plan Fee refunds for up to three months for eligible small business customers upon request.
Business Credit Card
- No monthly payments or interest charges on all balances for three months on eligible Business Credit Cards for eligible small business customers.
Contact us to apply for COVID-19 support or to find out more
Ongoing support for customers impacted by COVID-19
To find out more about eligibility and the options available, or to apply for COVID-19 business financial assistance, please contact our team at Business Assist on 1800 067 497.
For more information on COVID-19 support for personal products, please visit westpac.com.au/help/disaster-relief/coronavirus.
Things you should know
1. Interest charges in relation to the temporary overdraft will be reversed or refunded to the overdraft. COVID-19 temporary overdraft available to existing small business customers who have Westpac as their primary bank and have a main transaction banking account with Westpac. Other eligibility criteria apply.