Partners in your decarbonisation journey
Westpac is an active participant in the ACCU (Australian Carbon Credit Unit) and REC (Renewable Energy Certificate) markets in Australia and NZU (New Zealand Units) market in New Zealand, helping customers access liquidity in an easy and efficient way.
How we can help
- Provide real time pricing to purchase or sell ACCUs, RECs or NZUs.
- Assist you with your risk management and funding strategy.
- Provide pricing for the sale or purchase to future delivery dates.
- Participate in the NZU auction on your behalf.
- Procure units or certificates which meet your specific needs, either for compliance or voluntary purposes.
Advantages of trading with Westpac
Our relationship with a wide range of institutional customers and developers provides access to a deep pool of liquidity helping you transact or manage your risk in carbon markets.
- If you are holding ACCUs or NZUs for future use, we can purchase those on a spot basis and sell them back to you forward, helping you manage your working capital.
- Quick, straight forward settlement and cash payment process.
- Surrender ACCUs on your behalf, instantly offsetting your emissions.
Note: Onboarding of new Westpac carbon customers is subject to Westpac’s onboarding process and may be subject to meeting minimum deal size requirements. For further information, questions or comments contact your Westpac Financial markets representative.