Partners in innovative sustainable finance solutions
Building tomorrow’s sustainable world today
We’re helping to drive Australia and New Zealand's transition to a more sustainable, resilient and inclusive future. In the last 12 months we've helped our clients to build a better tomorrow with a growing number of landmark transactions to support their environmental and social goals through:
- 33 sustainable finance transactions globally
- Valued at $50BN
- Including leading the first two Sustainability-Linked Bonds in the Australian market.
Next-generation sustainable finance
We're pioneers in Australia’s fast-evolving sustainable finance industry, actively banking the transition with many market firsts in green, social and sustainable solutions.
- Wesfarmers – 1st Australian Market Sustainability-Linked Bond
- Woolworths – 2nd Australian Market Sustainability-Linked Bond.
- NSW Land Registry Services – 1st Australian Sustainability-Linked Loan tied to reconciliation
- Genesis Energy – 1st Sustainability-Linked Loan in NZ aligned to the Climate Transition Finance Handbook
- The Warehouse Group – 1st Sustainability-Linked Loan in NZ tied to sustainable packaging and gender targets
- G8 Education- 1st Sustainability-Linked Loan from the childcare education industry.
Green, Social and Sustainability Bonds and Loans
- Mercury NZ – 1st NZ company to issue a Green Bond in Australia
- Christchurch City Holdings Ltd – 1st Sustainability Bond in NZ to include a fibre-optic network
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Inaugural Kangaroo and Kauri Sustainability Bonds
- NHFIC – Social and Sustainability Bonds supporting social and affordable housing
- Te Pūkenga – 1st Social Loan in Australasia.
Your partner in building a sustainable future
As Australia’s oldest bank we've long been committed to helping our customers build more sustainable business models as:
- We bring a unique understanding of the sustainable finance sector and the rapidly changing requirements and expectations of investors and the wider community to our partnerships
- Our experts work collaboratively to understand your business and deliver tailored transactions with tangible outcomes
- Sharing bespoke industry insights and research to empower decision-making
- We've proven experience in structuring transactions with effective and achievable and goals.
Sustainable finance insights in Westpac IQ
Things you should know
Source: Westpac research. Westpac Institutional Bank is a division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL 233714. This information is correct as at 1 December 2021. This product is available only to wholesale clients within the meaning of s761G of the Corporations Act 2001. You should consider whether or not this product is appropriate for you. Terms and conditions apply. Copyright 2021 Westpac Banking Corporation.