COVID-19: Tailored help for business customers
We're here to help
We are currently receiving a high volume of customer enquiries and appreciate your patience. We are working hard to ensure that you have the help needed to support your business at this challenging time and will respond as soon as possible. We want to assure you that we’re here to support you and here’s some options you may like to consider:
Continuity planning for your business
We appreciate your business may be disrupted by the COVID-19 situation and your customers and employees potentially impacted. We have put together steps and resources that may help you to act at a time when you may have to make significant decisions.
Frequently asked questions
The situation surrounding COVID-19 (coronavirus) is uncertain and changes frequently. Keeping up to date with government responses and knowing what you can do to look after yourself and family, your people and your business is a priority.
Here are some tips that may help:
- If you have staff, help them take care of themselves – keep updated on the latest health information.
- With social distancing a priority, manage your banking, shopping and other services online if possible.
Tips for your business:
- Think about where your business risks might come from – trade and cash flow disruption through supply chain challenges, sick staff, general downturn, for instance. The COVID-19 support measures for business detailed above could help with financial issues.
- Consider seeking independent professional advice about for example; your cashflow, your leave entitlement exposure, and investment plans.
Existing customers who are eligible for the JobKeeper program and require cashflow to pay their employees now before receiving payment from the ATO in May, may choose to consider if any of our existing COVID-19 support offers will meet their needs.
If you can’t get to your bank, or your Westpac branch closes temporarily due to COVID-19, you can use online banking as an alternative for a range of banking services which could help keep your business running. Opening bank accounts, applying for loans, making and receiving payments, transferring funds between accounts and sending invoices with Biz invoice can now all be done online – subject to the relevant eligibility criteria for each of these features.3
You can reset your password from the online banking sign-in screen. Simply select ‘Forgot customer ID or password?’ and follow the prompts.
Things you should know
3. Please read the Online Banking Terms and Conditions, or Phone Banking Terms and Conditions, at westpac.com.au before making a decision and consider whether either of these products are right for you.