Payment limits in Westpac Live
Managing Business and Daily Payment limits
- Administrators of your Westpac Live can amend the Business Daily Limit online or on mobile. The Business Daily Limit is set at a default limit of $10,000,000 and can be increased up to $100,000,000 if required.
- Administrators of your Westpac Live can amend the Daily Payment Limit only online, not on your mobile device.
To amend your limit online:
- Select User administration from the Services & preferences menu
- When prompted, enter your SMS or token code, then click Authorise
3. Click on Business Daily Limit to amend your limit
4. Update your Business Daily Limit if required
Administrators will need to be registered for either Westpac Protect™ SMS Code or a SecurID® token to be able to manage the Business Daily Limit or Daily Payment Limits.
How security works in Westpac Live
Our Westpac Protect™ Adaptive Authentication technology is a comprehensive real-time authentication and fraud detection platform which monitors your banking behaviour.
In addition, we protect you with our Security Guarantee and will repay any funds that are missing as a result of online fraud, providing you comply with our Online Banking Terms & Conditions. This includes keeping your access codes and passwords private and not sharing logins.
For added peace of mind, Users banking on behalf of your business will need a Westpac Protect™ SMS Code or a SecurID® token to:
- Access a higher Daily Payment Limit above $5,000 (see table below)
- Approve same day (RTGS) payments
- Access certain areas in Westpac Live, such as User Administration
Managing security devices for Users
To assign a security device for a User:
Services & preferences > User administration > Select User
Click on drop down menu next to User and either select Assign Token or Register SMS Code
To switch security devices
Services & preferences> More features> Security device
There are two different statuses for security devices:
- Active - User has completed activation and is using device
- Linked - Administrator has linked the device and User but the User hasn’t completed activation – User must complete activation
Activating your security device (User)
You can activate and see the security device assigned to yourself in the Security section on your Preferences screen, accessed from the Services & preferences menu
The following table shows the current limits that apply to a User assigned with a security device. In all instances the amount individual Users spend, where the business has multiple Users, can’t exceed the Business Daily Limit.
|Security device||Limits applied to User|
|No device registered||An individual User can have a Daily Payment Limit up to the value of $5,000 and not require a security device to make payments.|
|Westpac Protect™ SMS Code||An individual User can have a Daily Payment Limit up to the value of $200,000. Each time a payment is made to a new payee, the User will be asked for an SMS code.|
|SecurID® token||An individual User can have a Daily Payment Limit up to the value of $100,000,000. Each time a payment is made to a new payee, the User will be asked for a token code.|
Things you should know
BPAY® is a registered trademark of BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518.
SecurID® is a registered trademark of EMC Corporation. Read the Terms and Conditions at westpac.com.au before making a decision and consider whether the product is appropriate for you. Transaction fees may apply. Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian Credit Licence 233714.