HOW TO CHANGE YOUR BUSINESS DAILY PAYMENT LIMITS ONLINE
Now it’s even easier to update your daily payment limits in Online Banking.
What is a Business Daily Payment Limit?
A Business Daily Payment Limit is the cumulative total value of payments that can be made within a business profile in a single day, using Online Banking and the Westpac App. This is different to a User Daily Payment Limit, which is the cumulative total value of payments any individual user can make in a day, except for some BPAY® payments.
Step by step guides
Request to change your Daily Payment Limit
- Sign in to Online Banking from a desktop
- Select Service then Request Daily Payment Limit change
- Enter the new amount, then select Submit
You will receive a notification that your request has been submitted to your Administrators.
A few things to note:
- If your Daily Payment Limit request is higher than the overall Business Daily Payment Limit, you will receive a notification advising that you have exceeded the allowable payment limit.
- You can only submit one request per day to update your payment limit online and you’ll have to wait until the following day to make another request.
Your payment limit will not update automatically. An Administrator still needs to review and update the payment limit.
Change your Daily Payment Limit
In Online Banking
- Sign in to Online Banking
- Select Preferences from the Service menu
- Select Daily Payment Limit, then Update my Daily Payment Limit
- Enter a new limit amount into the New limit field up to $10K (or use the slide)
- Select Save.
On your mobile
- Sign in to the Westpac App
- Go to Services and security > Security and access > Daily Payment Limit
- Select one of the limit options (up to $10K)
- Tap on Change limit.
Are you changing your daily limit? You may need to provide your date of birth or security code (if you are registered for Westpac Protect™ SMS Code or SecurID® token) to complete the change.
Payment limits explained
- Business Daily Payment Limit – The cumulative value of payments that can be made in a business profile in a single day, using Online Banking and the Westpac App
- Daily Payment Limit – An individual User’s total daily payment limit
- Administrators – People authorised to manage and change limits for the business (online and in the app) and individual Users (online only)
- Users – People assigned individual total daily limits for payments
What about security?
Safeguarding your financial and personal information is our top priority. To manage the daily payment limit for your business or update to payment limits for your staff, you will need a security device.