HOW TO MANAGE YOUR BUSINESS ACCOUNT STATEMENT PREFERENCES
Update your business account statement preferences in Online Banking and the Westpac App.
What is the best platform to make these changes?
If you are a Sole Trader you can update your business account statement preferences from a desktop or your mobile. If you are a Business Network and would like to update your statement preferences, then you can only do this from a desktop.
How do I update my business account statement preferences online?
Business Network customers
1. Hover over Administration and select Statement settings
Can’t see the Administration tab? If you do not have the Administration tab, then you are either not an Administrator of a Business Network or you’re a Sole Trader. If you’re not an Administrator, then you cannot update your Business Network statement preferences. If you are a Sole Trader, follow the steps below.
2. Select eStatement or Paper Statement next to each account. Your changes will be automatically saved.
- Hover over Service then select Preferences
- Select Statements
- Using the drop down, select the account you would like to update
- Select Paper statement or eStatement as your new preference, then select Save.
What are benefits of turning on eStatements for my business accounts?
- Protect yourself and lower the risk of ID theft by receiving statements securely in Online Banking and the Westpac App.
- eStatements are accessible anytime, anywhere from Online Banking or the Westpac App.
- View up to 7 years of statement history.
- Easily provide eStatements to accountants and third parties.
Why can I only see paper statement as an option?
If an account is not eligible for eStatements, the paper statement option will appear. The list of eligible accounts includes transaction, savings and credit cards. Accounts currently not available for eStatements are business joint accounts, business loans and complex accounts. For a full list of eligible accounts, read our eStatements FAQs.
You must also have a valid email address registered for your business to be able to receive eStatements.
What if I have more than one Approver for administration tasks?
If your business network only requires one Administrator to perform admin tasks, your statement preference will now be active. However, if your Online Banking is set up to need more than one approval, the required number of extra Approvers will need to:
- Sign in to Westpac Online Banking from a desktop
- Select the Approval button near the Sign out button
- Select the Other tasks tab, where they will see statement settings pending approval.
Or share our help guide, How to approve business statement preference changes with another Administrator to complete this task.