How to make an International Payment to a new payee
You can make an International Payment using Online Banking if you are registered for a Westpac Security device.
Note : An Administrator needs to enable the international payments feature on each business profile. You will also need activate the international payments feature at an account and user level.
Step 1 : Sign into Online Banking
Select 'Make a payment'
Step 2 : Create payment
- Select 'Create new payee’
- In the Payee details section, select International from the Payment method drop down list, then select the country.
- In the Bank details section you'll be asked to enter either the IBAN (International bank account number), ABA routing, Bank and branch, IFSC or SWIFT/BIC based on the country selected. Select Look up. If you don't have the information required check with your payee. In some cases you can proceed with a SWIFT/BIC code.
- In the Payee details section enter the account name, account number and payee address (payee address is optional).
- In the Payment details section enter a payee nickname and the payment description. Select Confirm.
- You'll be returned to the Make a payment screen. The payee details you have just entered will be selected. To continue with your international Payment, select the From account. You may enter a Description for the payment (optional).
- Select the appropriate currency
- Enter the amount.
Tip - Limits
- The maximum limit per transaction is $500,000 AUD.
- The cumulative limit per day is $2,000,000 AUD
- An Administrator can limit the amount of money that can be transferred by your staff
Step 3: Setting payment frequency
Enter the date for the payment and the payment frequency. Please note: if the payment is future dated, you will need to confirm the exchange rate on the payment date.
- Select Continue.
- Review the payment details and select Continue. If the International Payment is dated for today, then Accept rate and submit payment screen displays. Select Confirm. If the International Payment is scheduled for a future date, the Future dated payments screen displays. Ensure you read and understand the rate information and select Confirm.
Step 4 : Authorisation
Enter the SMS or token code and select 'Authorise'.