Presto Dashboard Privacy Notice
Your privacy is important to us, and so is being transparent about how we collect, use, share, and store your personal data. Personal Data means any information relating to you where you are either identified or identifiable from that information.
Presto is offered by Westpac to you, to allow you to process card present transactions for customers via our Presto EFTPOS terminal and card-not-present transactions for customers via our Presto Virtual Terminal using the online dashboard (“Presto Dashboard”). The Presto Dashboard also allows you to view and monitor transactions processed through either processing method. It can also be used to issue receipts for Presto Virtual Terminal transactions via email.
This Privacy Notice is intended to help you understand how we collect, use, share, and store your Personal Data when you utilise the Presto Dashboard.
Who are we?
When we say “Westpac”, “we” “our” or “us”, we mean the Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 which acts as the data controller for the Personal Data we process about you, unless stated otherwise. References to the “Westpac Group” in this Privacy Notice are a reference to Westpac Banking Corporation and its related companies, both in Australian and overseas.
What type of Personal Data do we collect and hold relating to you?
We collect the following Personal Data:
- Your personal details (including Name, Date of Birth, Email Address, Mobile Phone Number and Signature);
- Business details (including Business Address, Job Title, Assets, Tax Identifier, Bank Account Numbers and Statements, Credit Standing and Customer Account numbers); and
- Activity (including (i) record of interaction with digital services such as online banking services, websites and Westpac-branded social media pages (ii) browsing behaviour (including pages viewed, navigated and interacted with) (iii) authentication information (iv) market analytics and (v) details of the device used to visit the website (including device IDs and IP addresses).
Without this information, we will not be able to assess your application for Presto nor would you be able to access the Presto Dashboard or use Presto Virtual Terminal.
How do we collect your Personal Data?
We collect personal data from you when you apply for Presto by asking a series of questions over the phone or by completion of an application form or when an application is made to appoint a User to the Presto Dashboard.
While you are logged onto the Presto Dashboard, we can monitor your activity and your utilisation of the Presto Dashboard, and view data entered by you on the Presto Dashboard. We will store and analyse this data.
Why is your Personal Data being collected?
We collect your personal data to assess your application for Presto and if it is approved, to provide you the service you applied for including a Presto EFTPOS terminal, the Presto Dashboard and Presto Virtual Terminal.
We will use information about you, such as information about your use of the Presto Dashboard and transaction information processed using the Presto Virtual Terminal and the Presto Dashboard to: (i) help us run our business; and (ii) conduct data analytics activities to assist the Westpac Group to improve the product for you and its customers.
Who do we share your Personal Data with?
We will disclose information about you that we collect from your use of the Presto Dashboard including transaction information processed using the Presto EFTPOS terminal and Presto Virtual Terminal both within the Westpac Group and to other parties on a confidential basis for the purpose of (i) helping us run our business (ii) conducting data analytics activities to assist the Westpac Group; or (iii) to organisations or individuals that are not part of the Westpac Group to assist us with the provision, promotion, enhancement or improvement of products and services.
How do we secure your Personal Data?
We use a range of physical, electronic and other security measures to protect the security, confidentiality and integrity of the Personal Data we hold. For example:
- access to our information systems is controlled through identity and access management controls;
- employees and our contracted service providers are bound by internal information security policies and are required to keep information secure;
- all employees are required to complete training about information security; and
- we regularly monitor and review our compliance with internal policies and industry best practice.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you have with us has been compromised), please contact us immediately (please refer to the How to contact us section below).
Where do we store your Personal Data, and do we disclose your Personal Data outside your country of residence?
Westpac and our key service providers store Personal Data related to the Presto product in Australia only, and do not disclose your Personal Data related to the Presto product outside Australia.
How long do we keep your Personal Data?
We retain your Personal Data until such time as the purpose of processing has been achieved or for any period of time specified by applicable law, whichever is the greater. If we no longer need to use your Personal Data for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify your Personal Data.
What are your rights?
- how you can request access to, or correct, or erase the Personal Data we hold about you;
- how you can make a complaint where you have concerns about our handling of your Personal Data (including where you believe there has been a breach of the local privacy law), and how we will deal with your complaint.
If you are not satisfied about how we are processing your Personal Data, or you would like to make a complaint, please contact us (see the How to contact us section below)
How to contact us
You can contact us in the following ways:
- Over the phone on 1300 130 467
- In person – at any Westpac branch
- Online at www.westpac.com.au/contact-us/feedback-complaints/ ; and
- Write to us at Reply Paid 5265, Sydney NSW 2001.