Unsecured business loan
Benefits for your business
- Funds to grow your business or invest in property
- Flexible repayment options so you can choose what’s best for you
- No asset security needed 1
Fast unsecured business loan at a glance
You could get
$5K - $250K
Fixed interest rates
available for 1 – 5 years
- A business entity or an individual 18 years and above, domiciled in Australia; and
- Requires the funding for business or investment purposes other than investment in residential property; and
- Meets the credit criteria and credit policy requirements under an applicable offer for this product.
- An existing Westpac business customer.
Before you apply
- have traded for at least 12 months with a valid ABN or ACN
- turnover more than $75k annually and be registered for GST
- be operating as a sole trader, partnership, trust or company (if the company is a sole director company, the sole director must also be the sole company secretary). Guarantees may be required
- have less than $1.5m in business lending with Westpac
- have ATO payments, loan repayments and employee entitlements (including super) up to date
- not foresee a decline in business revenue that would affect the payment of business liabilities
- not be a franchisee, SMSF or charity
- tell Westpac about all your accounts and liabilities, so we have a complete and accurate view of your business's financial position
- have conditional approval available for the business
- in the past 30 days, have not taken up any additional business lending with any financial institution. The loan will be used for business purposes only and will not be used to refinance any other lending
- not use the loan to start a business, fund a property development or to purchase residential property.
Don’t meet the criteria? Take a look at a secured business loan.
How to apply
If you’re a Westpac customer with conditional approval, applying is simple. All you need to do is sign into Online Banking.
Not sure if you have conditional approval? Sign into Online Banking and check the Overview tab or the business products menu. If you have conditional approval, it will be shown there.
1. Get prepared
Make sure you check the eligibility and how to apply criteria. If you don’t meet the criteria, your application won’t progress.
2. Get started
Simply sign into Online Banking, tell us how much you need to borrow and what you’re planning to use the loan for.
3. Receive a response
Once you submit your application:
- If you’re a sole trader or sole director company, it usually takes a few minutes to receive a decision. If your application is approved, you’ll receive an email to sign your loan contract.
- If you’re applying as a partnership, trust or multi-director company, one of our specialist bankers will review your application and be in touch to discuss next steps.
4. Start using your loan
Your loan will appear in your Online Banking ready for you to use. It typically takes one business day of you signing and returning the contract for the funds to appear.
Frequently asked questions
When you apply for an unsecured business loan, you select the repayment frequency and a loan term of 1-5 yrs.
The difference between a business loan, credit card and overdraft
Loans, credit cards and overdrafts can all be good ways to support your cash flow, fund purchases or invest in business assets. However, having a good understanding of how they differ could help you decide the best type of loan for your business needs.
Things you should know
Credit criteria, fees, charges, terms and conditions apply. Talk to your banker for more details.
1. Guarantees may be required.
2. Other fees may apply.