Business loan for startups
What can a business loan for startups be used for?
Buying more equipment
From computers and stationery to larger industry-specific equipment. Get the equipment you need.
Setting up your workspace
Whether you’re setting up a home office or leasing a retail space, we’re here to help get you up and running.
Marketing your business
Attract more customers with social media marketing and build a website to grow your sales.
Investing in tech
Get set up with quality software systems so you can save time and run your business efficiently.
Business loan for startups
Borrow between $10k and $50k
No asset security needed1
Monthly fee $02
Loan terms of up to 5 years
Flexible repayment options
Check you’re eligible
- To own a business that has operated for less than 2 years
- To submit a business plan as part of the application
- A business entity or an individual 18 years and above, domiciled in Australia; and
- Requires the funding for business or investment purposes other than investment in residential property; and
- Meets the credit criteria and credit policy requirements under an applicable offer for this product.
Build your business plan
Use our guide to write your plan and remember to include:
- What your business does
- Your target market
- Forecasted profit and loss or projected cashflow
- Your market competitors
- Long-term business outlook
- Any relevant industry experience and skills
How to apply
1. Select your loan amount and define its purpose
Decide how much you need and exactly what you will use the funds for
2. Prepare your business plan
Ensure you are eligible. Gather all your relevant documentation and then create your business plan.
3. Speak to a banker
Once you are ready speak to one of our bankers. They will guide you through the application process.
Backing more businesses
It's time to level the playing field. Women now represent 36% of small business owners*. We have made a $500 million commitment to back women to start-up and scale-up their business.
Frequently asked questions
New or existing customers can apply for the business loan for startups.
The ultimate guide to finance a startup
It’s time to turn your business idea and dreams into reality. But where do you start when it comes to finding finance? Discover how you could approach this tricky topic.
Tips and success stories to help your business
Things you should know
Eligibility, credit criteria, fees, charges, terms and conditions apply. Talk to your banker for more details.
*According to the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), women represent around 36 per cent of Australian small businesses owners.
1. Guarantees may be required.
2. Other fees and charges may apply.