Altitude Business Gold credit card
Two cards linked to one account
- 4.99% p.a. for 12 months on balance transfers* requested at card application
- $0 annual card fee for the first year when you apply online by 31st July 2017
- 0% p.a. on purchases for the first 12 months from card approval when you apply online by 31st July 2017.
Earn Altitude Points
With Altitude Business Gold Credit Cards, earn Altitude Points per $1 spent on eligible transactions you can redeem a great range of rewards, for you or your business.
- 2 Altitude Points with Altitude Business Gold American Express card
- 1 Altitude Point with Altitude Business Gold Visa card
- For each statement cycle, a cap of 20,000 points applies when using either or both cards. Bonus points do not count towards the points cap.
Redeem your Altitude Points
Redeem your Altitude Points (minimum 3,000) for a wide range of rewards including:
- Business rewards including office furniture and office technology
- Redeem points for dollars into superannuation with BT Super for Life
- Gift vouchers.
Visit altituderewards.com.au to find out more.
Use your Altitude points to redeem frequent flyer points in 6 different frequent flyer programs:
- Qantas Frequent Flyer
- Virgin Australia's Velocity
- Malaysia Airline's Enrich
- Air New Zealand Airpoints
- Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
- Cathay Pacific AsiaMiles.
Check altituderewards.com.au for participating updates and special promotions.
Complimentary insurance covers
- Overseas Travel insurance (includes your spouse and certain dependent children) for up to 3 months - when overseas return tickets are purchases on your credit card before you leave
- Transit Accident insurance - protection against specified accidental death or injury when sustained while riding as a passenger in a plane, bus, train or ferry.
Purchase related insurance
- Purchase Security insurance - cover of up to $5,000 for up to 90 days against specified loss, theft or damage to business items or personal goods purchased anywhere in the world using your credit card
- Extended Warranty insurance - beyond the expressed Australian warranty on business items (by up to 3 months) and personal goods (by up to 12 months) when using your credit card
- Account holder's Guaranteed Pricing Scheme cover - use your credit card to purchase business items or personal goods up to $350 anywhere in Australia and if you're the account holder of the Altitude Business Gold credit card, you're guaranteed the best price on the Australian market for that product or model where the price difference is greater than $75.
- Account holder's Unauthorised Transaction insurance - receive automatic protection (up to $20,000 per cardholder and $150,000 per account holder) against unauthorised transactions made by cardholders in a 12 month period (if you are the principal and the account holder of the card)
- Account holder's Business Inconvenience insurance - cover for up to $10,000 a year if the account holder's business premises are invaded during normal business hours, and up to $10,500 for recruitment expenses incurred for replacement of a cardholder unable to continue their employment.
Additional cardholder at no extra cost
- Add one additional cardholder (16 years or older) at no extra cost
- The account holder (primary cardholder) is liable for all transactions on this card and their own card.
Pay faster with contactless technology
For a fast and convenient payment option for purchases under $100 - simply hold your contactless card against the terminal wherever you see the contactless symbol or your card logo - no need to enter a PIN or sign (where available).
As well as an embedded microchip, take advantage of additional security measures helping defend against fraudulent activity:
- Extra security when you shop at participating online retailers Verified by Visa, Mastercard® SecureCode™ and American Express SafeKey® through the Westpac Added Online Security service
- Fraud Protection 24/7
Fraud Money Back Guarantee
Westpac Fraud Money Back Guarantee ensures that any unauthorised transaction claims will be reimbursed provided that the cardholder has not contributed to the loss and contacted us promptly. Refer to the Altitude Business Credit Cards Conditions of Use for full details of when cardholders may be liable. Further information on resolving credit card transactional issues please go to What to do if there is a fraudulent transaction on your card.
Stay on top of your balance with SmartPlan
Keep your credit card balance under control by structuring repayments on purchases and balances with a SmartPlan.
|Annual card fee||$150
Special online promotion: $0 annual card fee for the first year when you apply between 1st February 2017 and 31st July 2017. New cards only.
|Foreign transaction fee||A Foreign Transaction Fee is payable as a percentage of the Australian dollar value of any Foreign Transaction. The percentage will vary depending on the applicable credit card scheme:
It may not always be clear to you that the Merchant or entity processing the transaction is located outside Australia.
|Cash advances / withdrawal fee||
An administrative charge of 2% of the value of the transaction will apply to each cash advance made on your card account, where your account has a negative (debit) balance after the transaction has been posted to it. A minimum charge of $2.50 and a maximum charge of $150 will apply.
Where your account has a positive (credit) balance after the transaction has been posted to it, only a charge of $2.50 will apply.
These charges will appear on your credit card statement directly below the relevant cash advance.
|Missed payment charge||$15 may be payable each statement cycle that the whole of the minimum monthly payment is not paid by the statement due date.
If charged, the missed payment charge will be debited to your account.
$15 may be debited from your Altitude Business Gold credit card account every time you exceed your credit limit during a statement cycle.
It is debited from your account in that statement cycle, on or after the day(s) your credit limit is exceeded. This fee may also be charged whenever your account is over limit at the commencement of a statement cycle.
|Duplicate statement fee||
$7.50 may be debited from your Altitude Business Gold credit card account if you, or an additional cardholder, order a copy of a statement that has already been issued for your account.
This fee is debited from your account on or after the day you order the duplicate statement.
Special promotion: 0% p.a. for 12 months from card approval when you apply between 18 May 2014 and 31st July 2017. New cards only.
|Cash advances||20.74% (variable)|
- Income, employment & financial commitment details
- Your accountant's details (optional)
- Find out what information you need to provide to become a customer
What to expect
- 10 mins (5 mins for existing customers)
- Save and return within 14 days
- Instant response
- Complete transfer of your card balance.
Who can apply?
- 18+ years old
- Australian permanent resident
- Earn a minimum $30,000 per annum
- For business or investment purposes.
Things you should know
Fees, charges and credit criteria apply. Read the terms and conditions available above before making a decision.
Annual card fee: For Altitude Business Platinum and Altitude Business Gold credit cards, the annual card fee covers all cards associated with the product. For BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum and BusinessChoice Everyday credit cards, an annual card fee is payable for each card associated with the facility.
Special offer: $0 annual card fee for first year: The $0 annual card fee for the first year is available when you apply online at westpac.com.au or through Business Online Banking (if registered) for a new Westpac Altitude Business Platinum or Gold credit card between 1st February 2017 and 31st July 2017. The first annual card fee will be debited on the 12 month anniversary of the first transaction on your account and annually thereafter on the anniversary of the first annual card fee. Switches, upgrades, customers accessing employee benefits or packaged cards are ineligible for this offer.
Special offer: 0% p.a. on purchases: The introductory rate of 0% p.a. on purchases for 12 months is available when you apply for a new Westpac Altitude Business Platinum or Gold credit card between 1st February 2017 and 31st July 2017. After 12 months, the introductory purchase rate will switch to the variable purchase rate then applicable to your card account. The introductory rate on purchases is not available in conjunction with any promotion other than the special purchase rate and annual card fee waiver offers. Switches, upgrades, customers accessing employee benefits or packaged cards are ineligible for this offer.
* Balance transfer promotion: The promotional balance transfer rate is available when you apply for a new Westpac Altitude Business Platinum or Gold credit card between 18 July 2016 and 31st July 2017 and request at application to transfer balance(s) from up to 3 non-Westpac Australian issued credit, charge or store cards. The rate will apply to balance(s) transferred (min $200 up to 95% of your approved available credit limit) for 12 months from card activation, unless the amount is paid off earlier. The variable purchase rate will apply to balance(s) transferred but left unpaid at the end of the 12 month promotional period. Westpac will not be responsible for any delays that may occur in processing payment to your other card account(s) and will not close the other card account(s). The variable purchase interest rate applies to balance transfers requested at any other time. Interest free days don’t apply to balance transfers. Switches, upgrades, customers accessing employee benefits or packaged cards are ineligible for this offer.
Earning and redeeming Altitude reward points: You can earn and redeem Altitude rewards points as set out in the . You do not receive points if your card account is in arrears for 2 consecutive statement cycles and in other circumstances. Altitude reward points do not expire while you remain an Altitude card holder. You must be a member of the relevant frequent flyer program to redeem Altitude points for frequent flyer points. The terms and conditions of the relevant frequent flyer programs also apply. A joining fee may apply for these frequent flyer programs. Availability of award flights may be limited.
Complimentary insurance covers: QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited ABN 78 003 191 035 AFSL 239545 has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 which allows eligible Westpac Bank account holders and cardholders to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. The terms, conditions, limits and exclusions, of the group policy, are set out in Westpac Business Credit Cards Complimentary Insurance (Effective 1 June 2015) which may be amended from time to time. Westpac does not guarantee the insurance. You can get a copy of the policy booklet by calling 1800 091 710.
American Express® is a registered trademark of American Express. The Westpac American Express Card is issued by Westpac Banking Corporation pursuant to a license from American Express.