BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum Visa
Our BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum Visa credit card is no longer for sale. See our full range of available credit cards.
BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum Visa credit card holders
If you currently have a BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum Visa credit card, nothing has changed. Existing benefits, features, fees and the conditions will continue to apply including those outlined below.
Joint and several liability
The Business and each of the business principals who applied for the BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum Visa credit card are each liable to the bank jointly and severally for all amounts outstanding on the BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum Visa card account.
Individual credit limits
Individual card credit limits from $1,000 on up to 10 cards for each account to keep track of each card's activities.
Up to 55 days interest free on purchases
Up to 55 interest free days on purchases when you pay off your closing balance in full by the due date shown on your statement each month.
Easy tax reporting
Make tax reporting easy by exporting your transactions into MYOB and BAS with ease. You can also download your transactions into a spreadsheet to make analysis of your business transactions easy (check the terms and conditions before deciding).
Pay faster with contactless technology
For a fast and convenient payment option for purchases under $100 - simply hold your contactless card against the terminal wherever you see the contactless symbol or your card logo - no need to enter a PIN or sign (where available).
As well as an embedded microchip, take advantage of additional security measures helping defend against fraudulent activity:
- Extra security when you shop at participating online retailers verified by Visa through the Westpac Added Online Security service.
- Fraud Protection 24/7
Fraud Money Back Guarantee
Westpac Fraud Money Back Guarantee ensures that any unauthorised transaction claims will be reimbursed provided that the cardholder has not contributed to the loss and contacted us promptly. Refer to the for full details of when cardholders may be liable. Further information on resolving credit card transactional issues please go to What to do if there is a fraudulent transaction on your card.
Qantas Business Rewards
The Qantas Business Rewards program enables you to earn rewards points1 on business expenses paid for on your BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum Visa. Qantas Points earned by your business can be transferred to any Qantas Frequent Flyer account giving you more flexibility to choose how to use your rewards including flights, upgrades and over 3,000 items in the Qantas store.
Earning Qantas Points
To earn Qantas Points, your business must first join the Qantas Business Rewards program. A joining fee usually applies, however, Westpac has arranged for this fee to be waived for eligible BusinessChoice card facilities - a saving of $89.501. All businesses with an ABN are eligible to join. Qantas Points are credited to the ABN holder's Qantas Members’ Business Rewards account within 60 days of the first eligible purchase or card account has been linked to the BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum Visa facility.
Earn 0.75 Qantas Point for every $1.50 you spend on eligible business purchases. Earn 0.5 Qantas Points for every $1.50 you spend on government payments.
Visit qantas.com/business for more information.
Receive a range of complimentary platinum insurance covers as part of BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum Visa.
- Overseas Travel insurance (includes your spouse and certain dependent children) for up to 3 months - when overseas return tickets are purchased on your credit card before you leave.
- Interstate Flight Inconvenience insurance - cover for specified flight delays, loss or damage to personal items and more when flying interstate in Australia for trips of up to 14 days - when the entire cost of your return ticket is charged to your credit card before you leave.
- Transit Accident insurance - protection against specified accidental death or injury when sustained while riding as a passenger in a plane, bus, train or ferry.
- Purchase Security insurance - cover of up to $5,000 for up to 90 days against specified loss, theft or damage to business items or personal goods purchased anywhere in the world using your credit card.
- Extended Warranty insurance - beyond the expressed Australian warranty on business items (by up to 3 months) and personal goods (by up to 12 months ) when using your credit card.
- Account holder's Guaranteed Pricing Scheme cover - use your credit card to purchase business items or personal goods up to $350 anywhere in Australia and if you're the account holder of the BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum Visa facility, you're guaranteed the best price on the Australian market for that product or model where the price difference is greater than $75.
- Account holder's Unauthorised Transaction insurance - receive automatic protection (up to $20,000 per cardholder and $150,000 per account holder) against unauthorised transactions made by cardholders in a 12 month period (if you are the principal and the account holder of the card).
- Account holder's Business Inconvenience insurance - cover for up to $10,000 a year if the account holder's business premises are invaded during normal business hours, and up to $10,500 for recruitment expenses incurred for replacement of a cardholder unable to continue their employment.
|Fees (these may change)||Amount|
|Annual card fee||$150 for each credit card|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||
3% of the Australian dollar value of any Foreign Transaction.
It may not always be clear to you that the Merchant or entity processing the transaction is located outside Australia.
|Cash advances/Withdrawal fee||
$2.50 if your account is in credit (has a positive balance) after a cash advance transaction.
2% of the cash advance amount (minimum $2.50 and maximum $150) if your account is in debit after the cash advance transaction (has a negative balance).
These charges will appear on your credit card statement directly below the relevant cash advance.
|Missed payment charge||
$15 may be payable each statement cycle that the whole of the minimum monthly payment is not paid by the statement due date.
These charges will be debited to your account and appear on your credit card statement.
$15 each time you exceed your limit during a statement cycle. This fee may also be charged whenever your account is over the limit at the beginning of a statement cycle.
These charges will appear on your credit card statement on or after the day(s) you credit limit is exceeded.
|Duplicate statement fee||
$2 is debited from your card account when you request a statement that has already been issued.
These charges will appear on your credit card statement on or after the day(s) you order the duplicate statement.
|Purchases||20.24% p.a. (variable)|
|Cash advances||20.24% p.a. (variable)|
Please feel free to contact us anytime on 132 142.
Things you should know:
Annual card fee: For BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum Visa and BusinessChoice Everyday Visa, an annual card fee is payable for each card associated with the facility.
1Qantas Business Rewards membership: A business must be a Qantas Business Rewards Member to earn Qantas Points for the business. A one-off joining fee usually applies (currently $89.50 including GST), however businesses that are not members of Qantas Business Rewards program at the time of application for a BusinessChoice card facility will be offered complimentary membership upon approval of a new Westpac BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum Visa credit card facility. Qantas Business Rewards membership and Qantas Points are subject to the Qantas Business Rewards Terms and Conditions available at qantas.com/business.
2Complimentary insurance covers: AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631 (trading as Allianz Global Assistance) under a binder from the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac) which allows eligible Westpac cardholders to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. Any advice on insurance is general advice only and not based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. The terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of the group policy are set out in the / which may be amended from time to time. Westpac does not guarantee this insurance.