Business credit card balance transfer
Why use a balance transfer?
Consolidating your finances on to an Altitude Business credit card could save you the cost (and hassle) of maintaining several cards.
By transferring balances from non-Westpac credit cards on to an Altitude Business credit card you can potentially:
- Save on credit card interest
- Avoid paying multiple card interest rates and annual fees
- Manage your accounts more easily with just one statement and monthly payment
- Take advantage of 4.99% p.a. interest for 12 months on balance transfers when requested at card application. Rate then switches to variable cash advance rate. New cards only. T&Cs apply1.
And with a Westpac Altitude Business credit card, you’ll also enjoy a range of reward point options and purchase protections.
Keep in mind that if you take advantage of a credit card balance transfer offer, you won’t gain the benefit of any interest free period on credit purchases until the balance (excluding any balance transfer amount) is paid in full by the statement due date each month.
Frequently asked questions
Generally, when the credit card intended to receive the balance transfer is not activated, cancelled, closed or in default of the card’s Terms and Conditions (such as exceeding the credit limit or awaiting an overdue limit).
No, that’s your decision.
Yes – card activation triggers the processing of the balance transfers.
The variable purchase rate will apply to any balance(s) transferred but left unpaid at the end of the promotional period.
Altitude Business Platinum Mastercard®
- $0 annual card fee for the first year (usually $200).2
- 4.99% p.a. for 12 months on balance transfers requested at card application. Rate then switches to variable cash advance rate. T&Cs apply.1
Altitude Business Gold Mastercard®
- $0 annual card fee for the first year (usually $150).2
- 4.99% p.a. for 12 months on balance transfers requested at new card application. Rate then switches to variable cash advance rate. T&Cs apply.1
Things you should know
Fees, charges and credit criteria apply. Read the terms and conditions available above before making a decision.
Annual card fee: For Altitude Business Platinum Mastercard and Altitude Business Gold Mastercard credit cards, the annual card fee covers all cards associated with the product. For BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum Mastercard and BusinessChoice Everyday Mastercard credit cards, an annual card fee is payable for each card associated with the facility.
Earning and redeeming Altitude reward points: You can earn and redeem Altitude rewards points as set out in the . You do not receive points if your card account is in arrears for 2 consecutive statement cycles and in other circumstances. Altitude reward points do not expire while you remain an Altitude card holder. You must be a member of the relevant frequent flyer program to redeem Altitude points for frequent flyer points. The terms and conditions of the relevant frequent flyer programs also apply. A joining fee may apply for these frequent flyer programs. Availability of award flights may be limited.
You must have earned a minimum of 3,000 Altitude points before you can redeem any rewards. For Altitude Business Gold cards, a points cap of 20,000 points applies when using either or both cards. Bonus points do not count towards the points cap.
Mastercard is a registered trademark and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.