We believe in respecting basic human rights in everything we do.
We are committed to and support:
- The United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- The United Nations Global Compact
- United Nations Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights
- The International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights
- The International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights
- The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
- The International Labour Organisation Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work
- The International Labour Organisation Tripartite Declaration Concerning Multinational Corporations and Social Policy
- The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises.
As signatory to the UN Global Compact and its 10 principles on human rights, labour, the environment and anti-corruption. We submit a 'Communication on Progress' to the UN Global Compact office annually.
Our main responsibilities lie in a number of critical areas:
- Respecting the human rights of our employees
- Encouraging respect for human rights throughout our value chain, including customers and suppliers, and our approach to financial crime
- Supporting human rights in our communities
- Monitor our performance and ensure effective governance.
Specific policies and positions
Translated and accessible versions
- Human Rights – About our approach (RTF) and Human Rights Position Statement and Action Plan (RTF) - for users with screen readers. If you are accessing the above Rich Text Format (RTF) file via a smart device, you will need to download an RTF reader app, which will enable you to access this file type on your device.