Young carers enjoying respite at Little Dreamers' overnight programs. Little Dreamers are the recipient of a 2021 SCSC (Seed) grant valued at $50,000.
29 March 2022
The Safer Children, Safer Communities details the efforts of our grant recipients, strategic partners, employees, and our stakeholders to keep children and young people safe in Australia and across the Asia Pacific Region in Year 2 of our work program.
This year, we are proud to release our , a first published statement for an Australian bank. The Statement sets out the principles that guide our approach as we work to embed a child safe culture within our organisation and seek to reduce the likelihood of harm to children and young people across our operations.
2021 Year in Review*
Now in its second year, the Safer Children, Safer Communities work program continues to deliver across its four ambitions.
|Help protect children in Australian and Asia Pacific||Catalyse change within the Bank||Raise awareness of Online Child Sexual Exploitation (OSEC)||Accelerate unity of action on OSEC through collaborative technology|
*Westpac Group financial year: Oct 1 2020 – Sept 30 2021
First for an Australian bank – Westpac Group’s Child Safeguarding Position Statement
As one of the largest financial institutions in Australia and New Zealand, we acknowledge our reach across the community and our responsibility to respect human rights and to mitigate known child safety risks.
Our Child Safeguarding Principles
- Safety by design for products and services focused on children and young people
- Include the voice of children and young people in decision-making
- Promote responsible financial behaviours for children and their parents and carers
- Set clear expectations of employees, contractors, and suppliers in relation to child safety
- Mitigate risks for children across financial transactions
- Partner for progress