What are my options?
- Take a look at the range of free resources we’ve put together to help you plan for life events and put you in touch with free services that may be useful depending on your circumstances.
Have your information ready
- Your income and employment status
- What you own (superannuation, household items, vehicles and shares)
- What you owe (Westpac and other lenders, utilities, household expenses and other lifestyle expenses)
- What has changed to cause you financial difficulty?
- What changes do you expect in the future?
Having this information means we can make an accurate assessment of your financial position.
Apply for Financial Hardship Assistance
- Applying online at your convenience will provide us with the information we need to work with you.
- If you're unable to apply online, you can call the Assist Team on 1800 067 497.
International customers can call us on +61 8 8177 6184
Monday - Friday 8.30am-7.30pm
Saturday 9.30am-6.00pm (Sydney time)
- If you want to discuss hardship assistance on your American Express® Westpac Altitude Card, please contact American Express directly using the phone number on the back of your American Express Card.
- We’re happy to talk to a relative, friend or financial counselling organisation about your accounts. We’ll just need your authorisation first to maintain your privacy.
Authorised Third Party Form (PDF 53KB)