The Westpac Changemakers Program provides Westpac Foundation grant recipients, Westpac Scholars and community partners access to a wide range of skills, expertise and resources leveraged through Westpac Group and beyond.
We believe in the power of collaboration, so we also partner with others across business, government and the social sector to create opportunities for our community and social enterprise partners to develop and grow our collective impact.
Our focus areas
Helping not-for-profits strengthen board governance and access business expertise.
- Board Oberservership Program in partnership with MinterEllison
- Strategy, business process improvement & innovation support for a specific challenge or opportunity, worked on by a specialist team of Westpac skilled volunteers
Business mentoring and pro bono volunteers, tapping into the skills of Westpac Group employees and that of other pro bono partners.
- Collaboration with Social Impact Hub and Social Traders to offer pro bono support and webinars across the sector
- Community Ambassador program, connecting Community Grant recipients with a Westpac employee to help them access Westpac’s programs and resources
- Pro Bono Employee Action Group to facilitate matching Westpac employees to skilled volunteering opportunities with our community partners
Using Westpac’s banking knowledge to increase the financial capability of community organisations, their clients and employees.
- Money and business webinars through Westpac's Davidson Institute
- Financial wellbeing and money management workshops delivered to community organisations by Westpac employees
- Financial health check and strategy reviews conducted by Westpac Foundation’s Finance & Risk Review Team
We also offer a range of additional non-financial support including the annual Changemakers Summit, local events and connection to procurement opportunities through Westpac’s Supplier Inclusion & Diversity Program.
Who we support
We prioritise our support to our current social enterprise and community grant recipients, and to previous grant recipients who are still connected to Westpac through an employee Community Ambassador. We welcome Changemakers from across the sector to express interest in non-financial support opportunities we offer throughout the year, which are advertised in our newsletter.