Making business on the go simpler with the Westpac app
28 September 2022
Westpac has today announced the roll out of new features in the Westpac app for over one million business app customers, including a new central hub where business owners can approve payments and view transactions from merchant terminals to make banking easier.
The changes to the app also include improved payment processes such as handy prompts to alert business app users when they need to approve a payment, the ability to manage business and personal banking side-by-side with profile switching, customisable features and a new look and feel.
“We know that small business owners are time poor, and they want their banking to be simple, fast, and secure. Today we’re announcing multiple improvements to the Westpac app to help business customers get their banking done quickly and conveniently through their mobile device,” said Westpac Consumer and Business Banking Chief Executive Chris de Bruin.
"We’ve already rolled the new version of the app out to 20,000 accounts since July and the feedback has been incredibly positive. In particular, the new Business Hub where business owners can centralise and manage approvals for payments has been called out as a win from customers
“In recent years we’ve seen a shift towards business customers banking from their smartphone with 57 per cent of account sign-ins now done by via mobile.
“Westpac is a full-service bank, and the new app experience will continue to be complemented by our team of business bankers available to support customers in branch, over the phone or on the road,” said Mr de Bruin.
New and enhanced features
- Business Hub centralises business functions to one spot where owners, administrators or authorised users can approve payments and view transactions from merchant terminals or online merchant services.
- Simplified payment & authorisation processes allowing owners, administrators or authorised users to check, review and authorise payments from their phone.
- Make the switch seamless when switching between business and personal profiles.
- Smart Search customers can quickly search for transactions across multiple accounts.
- New look and feel where customers can customise their banking experience including changing their wallpaper.
Safety & security
The enhancements to the Westpac app are underpinned by Westpac’s leading security measures including fraud detection and behavioural analysis. If the bank reasonably believes something may be out of the ordinary, they will reach out to make sure everything is okay via SMS, token one-time-password or over the phone.