Westpac Group offers customers impacted by Queensland and New South Wales floods financial support
24 February 2022
Westpac Group will provide emergency financial assistance to customers impacted by the ongoing flooding in south-east Queensland and New South Wales.
Ross Miller, Chief Customer Engagement Officer said: “Westpac and St.George offer a range of support measures to help households and businesses who are facing an uncertain time because of the flooding that has already resulted in the tragic loss of life, as well as damaged homes and properties.
“This is a stressful time for many families and businesses in the impacted areas, and we know it’s not over yet with similar weather forecast over the next couple of days. While safety should be everyone’s first priority, we want our customers to know that when they need financial support, we have our customer teams standing by ready to respond.
“We offer a range of tailored support options to help customers get back on their feet, including home and business loan deferrals and emergency credit card relief. We want our customers to know we are only a phone call away if they need us,” said Mr Miller.
Emergency support for Westpac & St.George customers:
- Affected customers with home loans may apply to defer repayments for up to three months.
- Affected credit card customers may apply to defer repayments to their card for up to 90 days.
- Affected customers wishing to purchase replacement goods may apply for a personal loan at a discounted interest rate with no establishment fee.
- Waived interest rate adjustments for affected customers wishing to withdraw term deposits.
- Affected customers experiencing hardship may also be offered a halt on all interest accrual on unsecured credit products for a period of up to three months.
- Affected customers with business loans may apply to defer repayments for up to three months.
- Affected businesses with existing loans can request loan restructuring without incurring the usual bank establishment fees.
- Affected business customers with merchant facilities are eligible to receive assistance, including monthly terminal access fee waivers for up to three months.
To access financial assistance:
- Westpac consumer customers can apply online or call Westpac Assist on 1800 067 497. Business customers who need support can contact their Relationship Manager or call Westpac Assist on 1800 067 497.
- St.George consumer customers can apply online or call St.George Assist on 1800 629 795. Business customers who need support can contact their Relationship Manager or call St.George Assist on 1800 629 795.