Westpac supports customers impacted by flooding in Central West New South Wales
20 November 2021
Westpac will provide emergency support for households, businesses and farms affected by the flooding in Central West New South Wales.
Chris de Bruin, Westpac Chief Executive Consumer and Business Banking said: “Westpac is here to help our customers who have been impacted by the floods in Central West New South Wales.
“We want our customers to know there is a range of assistance available. Households and businesses can access tailored financial support including home and business loan deferrals and emergency credit card relief to give them breathing space to get back on their feet.
“We know this an uncertain time for many families and farms that have been impacted by the floods. We encourage our customers who are doing it tough to give us a call. We have our customer support teams standing by ready to help,” said Mr de Bruin.
Emergency support available:
- Affected customers with Westpac home loans may apply to defer repayments for up to three months.
- Affected credit card customers may apply to defer repayments to their card for up to 90 days.
- Affected customers wishing to purchase replacement goods may apply for a personal loan at a discounted interest rate with no establishment fee.
- Westpac will waive interest rate adjustments for affected customers wishing to withdraw term deposits.
- Affected customers experiencing hardship may also be offered a halt on all interest accrual on unsecured credit products for a period of up to three months.
- Affected customers with Westpac business loans may apply to defer repayments for up to three months.
- Affected businesses with existing loans can request loan restructuring without incurring the usual bank establishment fees.
- Affected business customers with merchant facilities are eligible to receive assistance including monthly terminal access fee waivers for up to three months.
To access financial assistance:
- Westpac consumer customers can apply online or call Westpac Assist on 1800 067 497. Business customers who need support can contact their Relationship Manager or call Westpac Assist on 1800 067 497.
- St.George consumer customers can apply online or call St.George Assist on 1800 629 795. Business customers who need support can contact their Relationship Manager or call St.George Assist on 1800 629 795.
For emergency assistance in severe weather, contact the State Emergency Service (SES) on 132 500, or call 000 (triple zero) for life-threatening emergencies.