Westpac provides disaster relief package for customers affected by bushfires in South Australia
24 December 2019
Westpac today announced that its Disaster Relief Package is available to customers who are facing financial hardship following severe bushfires across South Australia.
Jane Watts, General Manager for Westpac, said Westpac’s Disaster Relief Package is available now and offers immediate practical help to assist customers with their finances.
"Our thoughts are with our affected communities during what is such a difficult and emotionally gruelling time.”
“We want our customers to know we are here to help and encourage anyone who needs assistance or support to contact their local Westpac Bank Manager or call our Westpac Assist team on 1800 067 497 as soon as possible to discuss their circumstances,” Watts said.
The Westpac Disaster Relief Package offers various options*, including the following:
· Impacted customers with Westpac home loans may apply to defer repayments for up to three months;
· Affected businesses can request loan restructuring without incurring the usual bank fees such as establishment fees and break costs;
· Customers wishing to purchase replacement goods may apply for a personal loan at a discounted interest rate with no establishment fee;
· Westpac may waive interest rate adjustments for affected customers wishing to withdraw term deposits; and
· Impacted Westpac customers with Home and Contents insurance may be eligible to receive assistance under the terms of their insurance policies for emergency accommodation.
Westpac customers who wish to use these special relief measures or need assistance should contact Westpac Assist on phone 1800 067 497, or alternatively call their local Bank Manager. This offer is available for customers to take up within three months of today’s date.
All affected insurance customers should contact Westpac on 1300 369 989 so that we may assist. Claims can be lodged 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling this number.
For media enquires:
Westpac Media Relations
*Westpac Home & Contents Insurance is issued by Westpac General Insurance Limited (WGIL) ABN 99 003 719 319 (except workers compensation cover where applicable). Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 (the Bank) arranges the insurance, but does not guarantee the insurance. This information does not take into account your personal circumstances. Terms, conditions and limitations and exclusions apply. Read the Product Disclosure Statement to see if this insurance is right for you. WGIL is a subsidiary of the Bank. *Eligibility and credit criteria, terms and conditions apply. This information has been prepared without taking your objectives, needs and overall financial information into account. For further information or to request the full terms and conditions please contact Westpac on the numbers stated above. © Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.